Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lower Leg Pain While Running

agreed on the foam rollers...also shins have like no vascularity so they'll take a VERY long time to heal. If its shin splints its actual tears in the fascia, an eve less vascular body tissue.

my husband had his shin very ripped open from his motorcycle accident and the stitches had to stay in an extra week..and then a lot of the tissue still necrotized << thats just an "in example"

my husband had his shin very ripped open from his motorcycle accident and the stitches had to stay in an extra week..and then a lot of the tissue still necrotized << thats just an "in example"

That sounds like a very painful accident!! It gave me that full body shudder just reading that.

I'm really coming to appreciate the foam rollers. There is one in my gym that I've been using and then the tennis balls on my arms. It's one of those good pain feelings.

I had a quick kitchen conversation with my husband about this...

we came up with a few suggestions if it is in fact shin splints

check the shoes (again)
learn how to correctly tape your shins for shin splints (google this)
ice them after every run (20 min on 20 min off)
lift a bucket with your foot ..handle over the bridge with something like a soup can in it...a gazillion times a day when you're home and doing nothing (we didnt come up with a set number of reps etc)
forget any type of distance running for now because we both agree it sounds like your gait is unaturally clipped for some reason ...drop it in favor of HIIT style running...this will correct a lot of gait issues and you won't back slide on times/endurance this way
and if you haven't already...have an ortho check it out to rule out any other probs

That's a lot of suggestions. I'll definitely try them out and see what happens. Thanks! This is the biggest pain in the ass. Ughhhh. Can it just be fixed already plzzz?

Hey there annie, you might try foam rolling that area that is giving you pain. Hell if it were me I would just do the entire leg as best you can with a foam roller. Maybe help, maybe not. But you dont know if you dont try.
Good luck!

My ex used to use foam rollers a lot. When I was with them I used it on my back a couple times (which wasn't in pain, it just felt good). Never tried it on my legs, but I definitely will. At this point, I'll pretty much do anything to fix this annoying problem. :(

I get bad ass shin splints too, so I just don't run anymore. Why put myself through it? When I was doing more cardio, it was the elliptical that was the least painful to do, so that's what i did.

I get bad ass shin splints too, so I just don't run anymore. Why put myself through it? When I was doing more cardio, it was the elliptical that was the least painful to do, so that's what i did.

I loves me the rower...it actually zens me out more than running

So then do you guys think the elliptical is as effective as running? I'm in no pain at all when I'm on the elliptical, so I'd definitely do that and just kinda leave the running thing behind if I have to but I also want to be as effective as possible sooooo....what do you think?

try the stair master, i find the elliptical to shorten the ROM in the hips creating imbalances and tight hips which is bad, but if its your only option then go for it, or do circuit training which is great cardio

Top Bottom