Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Extreme weight loss

noneifit

I'll start by saying, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to be posting in, but it's the only one I came across so I thought I'd give it a try.

I'm morbidly obese and I have been trying to change that for a while now, but it's really difficult.

I am 5'3 and approx. 280 lbs and I would like to lose weight. I work out everyday, and I recently got a trainer who put me on a work out plan.

Basically started me off with 5-10 minute warm up, light weights, then 20-25 minutes cardio on the treadmill. Is this effective or should I be doing more cardio?

I'm also doing a 7 day detox, but it's my first day so I'm not sure how effective it is. I understand it's not designed for weight loss only, but I was advised to do a full body detox as it helps get rid of toxins.

Someone recommended Clenbuterol, would this help me? The person seems to be convinced that if I keep eating healthy, and work out, i'll continue to lose weight when I'm off it.

At this point, I'll try anything.

First of all, welcome. You DID come to the right place. The women here come in all shapes and sizes with individual goals, problems, needs, and levels of experience. I'm going to gift you a week of free plat so that you can use the search feature. please make use of it as we have archives going back ten years!

Second - NO CLENBUTERAL. It can be effective in some women, but for you, it is absolutely not a good idea.

I don't believe in the whole detox thing personally. You can loose some water weight, but you'll rebound and get the weight back IMO. Some other ladies here might disagree.

I'm going to leave tweaking your workout to those who know more about that kind of thing. Can you give us a sample of what you eat day to day?

By the way...my best friend at one point in her life was about 5'2" 260. She lost 60 pounds on diet alone - not starving herself, but eating the right kinds of food in the right proportions. So you can do this! let us be there to help you along and keep you motivated.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it.

I have just started being really strict with what I eat. I haven't come up with a type of meal plan.

But I have been eating A LOT less and I have cut out carbs.

Yesterday I had a small apple for breakfast, for lunch I had two small cucumbers. Before I went to the gym I had a tiny piece of chicken, and salad. When I got back from the gym, I had parsley, tomato and half a can of tuna.

Today I had 3 strawberries for breakfast and a small cucumber. For lunch I had a chicken salad, and for dinner I'll probably have the same.

Why won't clenbuterol work for me?

I have just started being really strict with what I eat. I haven't come up with a type of meal plan.

Yesterday I had a small apple for breakfast, for lunch I had two small cucumbers. Before I went to the gym I had a tiny piece of chicken, and salad. When I got back from the gym, I had parsley, tomato and half a can of tuna.

Today I had 3 strawberries for breakfast and a small cucumber. For lunch I had a chicken salad, and for dinner I'll probably have the same.

Others will probably be here shortly and help out with the diet, I'm a bit new in the forum but I can tell you that you are NOT eating and that is NOT good, ur calorie intake is too low, you're getting no carbs and they are needed, what you can go is get carbs that don't come from flour (Chickpeas, sweet potatoes, carrots, etc) the slow absortion ones that don't make you hungry, ur actually not eating enough, you shopuld make at least 5 meals a day, having an apple is a snack not a meal..... I don't mean to sound scolding but it can be very harmful to eat such a litte amount of food....

That was my adv lets now wait for the pros that can give you a better example of diets that are healthy and hardy with things you can enjoy ^_^

Hi and welcome!

Your body is starving with those calories. That plan will eventually make you rebound and gain more weight.
You need to be in a good nutrition plan. First of all, cutting on calories to that degree will only make you gain more weight. Also, carbs and fat are not the enemy. You need to have lean protein, complex carbs and good fat.

I would not suggest any supplements to lose weight.

5 meals a day is preferable, but if your schedule is challenging, you can do 4.
Here is a sample:

Meal #1 1/3 cup oatmeal and 4 scrambled egg whites.

#2 if you're training in the morning, have a protein drink post training.

#3 breast of chicken or turkey or tuna fish or fish with a salad and brown rice or quinoa.

#4 Same as 3, but have vegetables and yams.

#5 Fish and vegetables.

Please, drink lots of water, don't have processed foods, nor sugar. Keep it simple! Water and green tea.
This will not be easy for you to maintain, but it will get easier. If you have a bad day, just go back to it. One step at a time..

What toxins exactly are you trying to eliminate? I mean, have you been consuming drano or paint thinner?

I am not giving you a hard time, I am just trying to help you to learn to debunk myths as they come up.

You aren't eating enough food to keep a rabbit alive - not good AT ALL. You are actually hindering your progress and SLOWING your already sluggish metabolism.

The trainer seems to be pretty on with a start program.

What people who are very heavy don't realize or understand is just how strong they really are. I mean, how many of us would be able to carry around a hundred extra pounds of weight? I know I would near collapse from exhaustion after just a few minutes. So revel in the fact that you are so strong!

May I ask if you have access to a pool? IMHO aquatics are an EXCEPTIONAL way to get moving, the resistance isn't damaging but still very challenging - you move at your own pace, very low risk for injury. And you want to talk a KILLER WORKOUT?!?!

I will let the other ladies who are more knowledgable about how to find the a good start for caloric intake. I've never been a hyuge proponent of such, my approach has always been a bit different. More about portions and macro break down but for others caloric breakdown seems to make them feel more in control/on target.

You should try to eat a portion of slow burning complex carbohydrate, portion of protein (the necessary fat is usually included in the protein source), and fibrous carbohydrate. As the day winds down and activity usually does so should your consumption of complex carbs consuming more protein and veggies.

With the plat search for sample diets or just read through some of the *contest prep* or other such journaling threads, there is a LOT of specific diet/training info.

I hope I am not throwing too much info at you at once. It can seem very overwhelming but I promise you, stay the course and keep asking questions. Eventually, everything will *click* for you.

ASK A LOT OF QUESTIONS!!!

I think its great that not everyone counts every freaking calorie - how do you go about it? I usually count cals but its so time consuming unless you eat the same thing everyday.

The way I eat is VERY simple. I was taught to eat this way by the trainer I hired for my first show and have been eating this way ever since, bout 10 years.

You eat 4/5 smaller meals. First 3 meals all consist of:

1. serving slow burning complex carbohydrate (oatmeal, brown rice or yam)
2. serving of protein

All meals after a 4PM or so when activity slows (unless you have an active night job like bartending for example or train in the evening) consist of:

1. serving of protein
2. serving of fibrous carbohydrate

^^^ very VERY basic and when talking about competition was very stringent ie no fruit, no dairy. Since I am not interesting in attaining sub 18% bodfyat I also eat dairy and fruit and whatever else I please whenever I feel like it.

Even with the stringent dieting I would get ONE FULL CHEAT DAY which meant that I could eat whatever I wanted, but as eating foods that are very rich with sugar and fats make me sick (as they would most people who eat fairly clean most of the time) I don't eat too much of them.

If you eat a meal that includes a cup of brown rice, 5/6 oz of meat (a piece of meat that is about the size of the palm of your hand) and gobs of yuumy veggies chances are you will be too full to eat too much of a rich desert. :)

Does this make sense?

I have recommended Corinne T Netzer's book about food values here before. You can get a used copy on Amazon for a couple of dollars. It is VERY easy to use - simple to find nearly every food with caloric breakdown, vitamin/mineral content. The book also has easy to understand information about vitamins and minerals as well.

I've been eating this way for over ten years. It's simple and keeps me looking and feeling the way I have since I started. It isn't a *diet* as in what I don't eat. It is a *diet* as in what I DO eat. :)

wow so simple - its fantastic! I've always had so many rules, but I need to make things more simple. Tempting now, but I really want dairy and carbs for dinner - but in about 18 weeks that would be perfect. I woudlnt even have to THINK.

Oh hon, you are not eating enough!!! Your body needs more than that just to accomplish your daily functions of life! Food, the right food, is fuel for your body. Going as low as you have will only slow down your metabolism and sap you of energy.

I'm going to PM one of the other lady mods in here who has experience with clen. She can explain to you why it is NOT the right choice for you right now better than I can. but if i'm not mistaken, Clen affects your thyroid outputs, something you may already have trouble with. the last thing you want is to be taking a drug that is not only dangerous if missused, it may not work, and may in fact cause more problems. it sounds like your friend who said you could avoid a rebound effect realy doesn't understand what causes that rebound. it is also really only something you should even consider once you have already finely tuned your diet and workouts and just have that "last little bit" to go. It's really not effective when you have a lot of body fat to begin with. Also, the side effects can be really harsh for some girls, especially in the doses that tend to be most effective. It's just not worth it in your case. You'll be miserable and get nothing for it.

(QT, IW, feel free to come in here and correct me on any of this).

Last edited:
Top Bottom