Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Extreme weight loss

Quick question, Those low GI Carbs are the ones we should try to eat and the High GI avoid? (if so bye bye rice cakes and watermelon :()

Quick question, Those low GI Carbs are the ones we should try to eat and the High GI avoid? (if so bye bye rice cakes and watermelon :()

This question was prolly for Thandie but I just happened to read it and it reminded me of one of my biggest food mistakes when I was just starting out.
I thought all protein and diet bars were good. BIG no-no.Those diet bars that taste really good, yea, usually bc they are PACKED with sugar. Be sure to check the labels. Maybe you already knew this, but I didn't know about this until I joined this site.
Hopefully, Thandie will jump in a give you a good explaination about the rice cakes and a good substitute.:supercool

Nan, you're right! Rice cakes and watermelon are high GI. I rarely touch rice cakes. If I want to have carbs, might as well make it useful, something good. Once in a while I have some PB with it. Not worth it! It goes right in your system. I use them mainly the day of comp. If my muscles are getting flat, I have a rice cake with PB and pump up some weight, but it has to be right before going out on stage. It works that quickly!

Myway, yes, bars usually have lots of sugar, but even worst they have fillers, which is processed products. Definitely not ideal! If you're hungry and need something quick, have some almonds.

Need2's bars have whole grain, which is good, but check the different recipes he has and make them low fat/low sugar. Also count your macros when you have them.

Does your body metabolize rice cakes made of BROWN rice the same as those that aren't?

Rice cake: same all, same all!!!
Another thing a rice cake is good for is if you like to do morning fasted cardio, then is appropriate. However you need to eat immediately thereafter.

i would say no rice. it's too high GI.

oats and sweet potatoes DEFF.

than pretty much has it down.

lots of green fibrous veggies.

make sure you eat something every 2-3hrs.

if its even a protein shake.

Nan, you're right! Rice cakes and watermelon are high GI. I rarely touch rice cakes. If I want to have carbs, might as well make it useful, something good. Once in a while I have some PB with it. Not worth it! It goes right in your system. I use them mainly the day of comp. If my muscles are getting flat, I have a rice cake with PB and pump up some weight, but it has to be right before going out on stage. It works that quickly!

Myway, yes, bars usually have lots of sugar, but even worst they have fillers, which is processed products. Definitely not ideal! If you're hungry and need something quick, have some almonds.

Need2's bars have whole grain, which is good, but check the different recipes he has and make them low fat/low sugar. Also count your macros when you have them.

Yes, I agree about bars..... but no worries. I don't really eat any type of bar, anymore. When I was first learning how to eat right, by these EF ladies:rose:, I was eating them because I was so unsure about what was good vs. bad to eat. Well, that was YEARS ago.
I have a somewhat decent eating routine, now.
Although, I am getting more curious about the whole foods. I usually try to stick to fresh, nonprocessed stuff. I mostly eat fresh fruits and veggies, fish, chicken and lean beef. Every now and then I DO eat processed stuff.
I am always looking for a way to improve my mind, health and so on.
Since you have joined us, I have been really wondering more about this way of eating. Plus, I have been craving a new challenge.
If you would be so kind, could you advise me on where to start my research? Maybe some books, articles or whatever that YOU believe to be accurate concerning this way of eating?
I could always just google for info ..... but It's hard to know which ones have it right. It's obvious that you know what you're talking about ...... but it would be a TON for you to type out as a post response,lol.

i told her to pick up "The Abs Diet"
it's a good read and will give her some basics to nutrition/

Yes, I agree about bars..... but no worries. I don't really eat any type of bar, anymore. When I was first learning how to eat right, by these EF ladies:rose:, I was eating them because I was so unsure about what was good vs. bad to eat. Well, that was YEARS ago.
I have a somewhat decent eating routine, now.
Although, I am getting more curious about the whole foods. I usually try to stick to fresh, nonprocessed stuff. I mostly eat fresh fruits and veggies, fish, chicken and lean beef. Every now and then I DO eat processed stuff.
I am always looking for a way to improve my mind, health and so on.
Since you have joined us, I have been really wondering more about this way of eating. Plus, I have been craving a new challenge.
If you would be so kind, could you advise me on where to start my research? Maybe some books, articles or whatever that YOU believe to be accurate concerning this way of eating?
I could always just google for info ..... but It's hard to know which ones have it right. It's obvious that you know what you're talking about ...... but it would be a TON for you to type out as a post response,lol.

I'm more then happy to help you with the changes you're ready to take on.

In addition to studying nutrition I also study all the diet theories, including vegan, raw foods, microbiotic, etc. So, what I did, I found what was the best approach for good health, looking great and longevity, and whole foods incorporated with some raw foods, counting macros and getting the best supplements to help along the way. So, if I were to recommend books, I would not know where to start.
I work like a sculptor. I take one thing, add another, just trying to mold what the particular individual needs. Every thing I do is costumed to each person. I also work from head to toe and from the inside out.
What I give here is basic advise, but is alot more complicated then that.

Ok, so ask away! what are your goals?

Well fuck me runnin. And here I thought it was all due to the vodka.

Dammit, back in the day we were told that rice cakes were "OK" as long as they were made from brown rice.

What is the reason that brown rice is ok but brown rice cakes are not? Does the process by which they are made have something to do with how the body metabolizes it.

See, even an old experienced broad like me is still learning a whole lotta NEW *tricks*. No reason to get discouraged WHATSOEVER... just means I have learned something new. :)

lol. Yea, we are all still learning. It's just great that we have this place to help each other.
BTW- you were one of the first people to tell me how to eat.
Before I found EF, I have the o-so common misconception that the best food was low fat, low calorie. I was starving myself.
After reading what you posted, along with several other women from here, now, I get to eat and be healthy. Yay and thanx.

I'm more then happy to help you with the changes you're ready to take on.

In addition to studying nutrition I also study all the diet theories, including vegan, raw foods, microbiotic, etc. So, what I did, I found what was the best approach for good health, looking great and longevity, and whole foods incorporated with some raw foods, counting macros and getting the best supplements to help along the way. So, if I were to recommend books, I would not know where to start.
I work like a sculptor. I take one thing, add another, just trying to mold what the particular individual needs. Every thing I do is costumed to each person. I also work from head to toe and from the inside out.
What I give here is basic advise, but is alot more complicated then that.

Ok, so ask away! what are your goals?

I'm not really trying to lose weight or gain a ton of muscle.
Since being on EF and learning about proper calories and actually eating instead of starving, I have been relatively satisfied with the way I look.
Now, I want to FEEL better. Physically, I feel pretty good, just want to eat REALLY clean. I have always had a rare sleeping disorder and have developed some bad habits to help cope with it. I LIVE on caffeine and some other bad things. Not nearly enough water. I want to degunk myself from all of the unhealthy stuff. I just want to know that I am taking care of my body in the best way possible. I want only good, clean stuff in my body. I don't know really how to explain it. :worried:
I want to do something that takes a TON of self control... besides school and the stuff I'm already doing. I want my body to be a fine tuned machine running on the best fuel possible.
That prolly didn't answer your question.... but I tried,lol.

Top Bottom