Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio or weights - your preference

I don't know Wilson. Have you ever trained after a bowl of Frosted Flakes? Oh, the pump! The pump is what makes you grow, you know. :D

ammilio said:
Seriously?

Yeah I know that it makes sense to do weights because of all the extra carbs...but I always given in to the guilt and do cardio.

Always.

Don't feel bad, you aren't the only one. I would do cardio too, even though it isn't the popular choice. But then, I am a freak that actually likes cardio. :D

I would do weights and then maybe 30 minutes of cardio, if it wasn't leg day. However, a blowl of frosted flakes wouldn't make me feel guilty or send me running to the gym. Eating too much of the strawberry rhubarb pie my mom made would send me running though!

How about a couple big Cadbury chocolate bars? Then, what would you do? Besides enjoy them, of course?

Leave it to JJ to really up the ante. Frosted Flakes - wouldn't touch em. The dairy alone would destroy my digestive process. Chocolate on the other hand,... after going to visit my local church to ask for forgiveness, it'd be at least 3 hrs of weights and some final cardio to beat that final bit of guilt out! ;)

LOL @ Sassy & JJ! What about a biiiiiig bowl of real chocolate mousse? Yum!

As for the Frosted Flakes, why have one bowl? I'd have another 1 or 2, (or 3) with a chocolate flavoured protein shake made with soy or skim milk to improve the flavour even more (try it - it is soooooooo delicious - be sure to add ice to the shake - keeps the flakes crunchy), and then have some home-made rice pudding, and finally some chick pea and veggies stew. Then I'd sleep lke a baby, and have the most AWESOME workout the next day, with PR's all over the place, boundless energy, and a pump that makes EVERYWHERE bulge :)

It's called a refeed. And is a scientifically sound way of dieitng whilst minimising muscle loss.

Guilt over food is wasted energy. Food is fuel, period. Use it to your advantage. Do you wanna be a Ferrari or a 3rd world bus?

And how often would you refeed then if you are dieting...?
I know you are supposed to do that...but I thought sugar was supposed to be a bad thing.

I wasn't really worried about the Frosted Flakes. I had not eaten cereal in a long time...they were yummy and I enjoyed every minute of it! Hey I could have done worse...like cookies pr cake or something else! :)

why would i feel guilty about a bowl or 2 of frosted flakes?

ohhhh...you mean because i didnt have my eggs with it! gotcha!

:D heh heh

btw, weights or cardio....as long as it burns cals if you feel like frosted flakes are a bad thing. depends what youre feeling like doing and where you are in your training for the week.

Top Bottom