Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working muscles once per week vs. 2

B

Big Jroy

Anyone here have any success as far as growth is concerned working their muscles once per week vs. 2? Iv'e plateaued hard and cat seem to get past it. I have tried EVERYTHING but that.

Thanx bros!

Once a week works best for me but I have a Physically Demanding job...Consider these things when trying not to overtrain.

I was working muscle groups twice a week for quite a while. Then, I thought I might be overtraining, and cut it back to once a week. I had the same problem. I started plateauing on almost all my lifts, but I didn't have that problem when I was hitting them twice a week.
I just started hitting my arms and upper body twice a week again. (Once hard and light the next.) Haven't been long enough to know if it's gonna solve my problem, but it seems promising so far.

The bottom line is, everyone is different. Give both a try and see what works for you.

Joker

I work bodyparts just once a week. i really like this it gives your muscles plenty of rest.

I wouldn't go twice a week but I would do once every 5 days ..

Once a week for each part is PLENTY if you work it to hell and back... if you think about it, your arms get worked twice anyway... your tris get a workout on chest day, and your bis (at least mine do) get a workout on back day... so to do arms twice a week would blast your arms... and from what I understand, it doesn't take too much to stimulate muscle growth in the arm before you start overtraining them.

C

never had success with one a week.

legs yes, but not upper body muscles I need to hit those twice.

especially chest.

even those who do one body part a week, I recommend that you hit chest twice, it is the one muscle group that almost never gets indirect work.

unlike shoulders, and arms, and traps, that seem to be workout all th etime.

JMO

I do once/twice a week depending on soreness, when my muscles stop aching from the previous workout, I hit them again.

Also, if you hit a plateau, you might want to try other training techniques, such as slow reps to build strength through negative reps...

Top Bottom