Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Training each muscle group twice per week?

marito|

Bros I'm on cycle right now and I feel incredible, I'm recovering in a couple of days from a workout. Most guys here say to gain lean mass you must work the muscle group only once per week, is this correct?
I feel I can workout the muscle 2x per week and be feeling fine is this okay?

I am a big advocate of training everything twice per week when on cycle. The more often you train a muscle, you more growth stimulus you get. You won't be able to use quite the amount of volume as you would normally but scientifically, it's the fastest way to grow. I like to first train the muscle in the heavy/powerlifting sense each week and then train the muscle in a pump/bodybuilding style later in the week.

This is my current training split:
Day 1:
Leg strength
Day 2:
Push strength + abs
Day 3:
Pull strength
Day 4:
Leg hypertrophy
Day 5:
Push hypertrophy + abs
Day 6:
Pull hypertrophy
Day 7:
20 minutes intervals, 20 minutes steady state cardio. Abs

Give it a try if it interest you.

Bros I'm on cycle right now and I feel incredible, I'm recovering in a couple of days from a workout. Most guys here say to gain lean mass you must work the muscle group only once per week, is this correct?
I feel I can workout the muscle 2x per week and be feeling fine is this okay?

Just listen to your body. If you feel like training three times per week - you should go for it. If you feel like training everyday - train everyday.

As long as you have the energy and the weights keep on moving up.

I usually train muscle groups twice a week because I feel that its the optimal time for them to recover.

there is a method to the madness of working out

if you work out a muscle twice a week you cannot murder it, that is a great way to wear down your body as you get older. NFL athletes during the season will have 1 practice a week where they actually semi-hit. the other practices no hitting. why? cause they want to be fresh for their games where they are going 110%. as a gym rat you never need to go 110% so be consistent with your workouts

As a general rule, while on cycle it is perfectly fine to do each muscle group twice per week. However, in the end of the day, no matter if you are on cycle, or not, you need to listen to your body, and feel what it needs at each moment. This is the most important thing to do in bodybuilding - you need to feel your body, and see what you can do with it.

Top Bottom