Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

PUlled my hamstring badly; need some advice please.

Nobledude said:
Mine doesnt seem to be too bad. I can walk but I cannot walk very fast or run. I dont think is torn. WHy is it bad to strech it ?

I will try to find some pictures of mine, it was a rough fibrous tear that I was forced to train through for my contests (took a LONG time to heal).

I always "stretched" it but when I say stretch...I would move my body till I felt ANY TINY PAIN...and that was "stretching". I mean the tiny twinge or anything...and that was it. Didn't want to cause any more damage.

You could just have a little pull. Keep some heat on it, wrap it from top to bottom, start walking on it, and just go at your own pace. Some compression shorts or spandex type stuff could actually help you out this time of year, especially right now.

I would work till I could walk up stairs in all directions. Forwards, back, sides, on my toes, on my heels, etc...then I'd start walking in my driveway with as long as strides as I could do without pain. From there I'd hook my empty sled to me and do the same, slowly. Takes time but progress is the key.

Top Bottom