Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Other suit questions

Generic MALE said:
Sorry I never wear belts, they have only caused me problems.

My educated opinion is orthos, physiotrists (physical rehab MD's) etc have absolutely nothing to offer me.
I may try and erector suit then, it is supposed to be like having "an extra erector" muscle.

allllllrighty then...
good luck.

My Karin DD bench shirt's arms are so tight I can't get 1 finger inside. The neck is a different story. Arms have to be tight to lock tricepts.

Generic MALE said:
Sorry I never wear belts, they have only caused me problems.

My educated opinion is orthos, physiotrists (physical rehab MD's) etc have absolutely nothing to offer me. If I listened to them I would not be lifting at all as they recommended full disability for me years ago. It was doing straight leg deads and squats (against their warnings) that has made my back comfortable. I use to have excruciating pain - if I listened to them I probably still would and would be handicapped. They have good things for many people I suppose, but they are only an obstacle for me. I could just barely deadlift the bar 6 years ago, and now I can do 365 for a set of 10 - they just tried to handicap me first through fear and then through wasting away from inactivity. Pretty much I will always do what they tell me not to do for as much good as their advice has done me.

I may try and erector suit then, it is supposed to be like having "an extra erector" muscle.

I know Karins DD squats suits and bench shirts fit very loose - you can get 2 fingers inside the bench shirt arms easily and probably a fist inside the squat legs. They have to fit loose for the principle of leverage they are based on to work. They are supposed to need no assistance to put on and take perhaps 30 seconds to slide into them.

I also don't use a belt for the most part - except for within about 20% of my max squat raw... With a suit tho, it woudl be a good idea...

Karins equipment is very highly regarded, and I think it is a step up from the inzer if you want to go denim... the arms should be at the minimum snug, but you should be able to get it on by yourself...

As for the docs, if they have nothing to offer you, go to a different doc! - there are good ones and bad ones just like everything else... I have had great experiences and terrible ones, like most of us... Thinking something absolutely is or is not the answer is not a very enlightened way of viewing things, but I hear ABSOLUTELY what you are saying, far more than a few docs are very limiting/negative.... it does not mean however that there is any reason to throw proper caution out the window...

Becoming said:
I also don't use a belt for the most part - except for within about 20% of my max squat raw... With a suit tho, it woudl be a good idea...

As for the docs, if they have nothing to offer you, go to a different doc! - ...

Good points.
i only wear my belt for close to max efforts, or with my bench shirt, even though its so darn pretty...
Here's a pic of my belt
:)
as far as docs, i've had docs that didn't know what a deadlift or squat was... i switched docs. my chiropractor works on the NY Jets- he's well aware of my goals, as well as my ortho.
find a new doc who will work with you.

I can put my Karins DD on by myself though I cannot fasten the velcro but you don't necessarily need to. When my arms are all the way in that baby is tight and works like a dream.

w8lifterchick said:
though its so darn pretty...
Here's a pic of my belt
I think that is the only "cute" PL belt in existence! I am sure it is just your style... :)

w8lifterchick said:
as far as docs, i've had docs that didn't know what a deadlift or squat was... i switched docs. my chiropractor works on the NY Jets- he's well aware of my goals, as well as my ortho.
find a new doc who will work with you.
yeah, the good sports docs are awesome....

donsj said:
I can put my Karins DD on by myself though I cannot fasten the velcro but you don't necessarily need to. When my arms are all the way in that baby is tight and works like a dream.
Yeah, my buddy does the same with his inzer... the velcro only keeps it from coming off and in place... it will work totally open in back...

Becoming said:
I think that is the only "cute" PL belt in existence! I am sure it is just your style... :)

The only pink one around. :)
i can guarrantee it'll never be mixed up with anyone elses and it matches my avatar's eye color. lol

Generic MALE said:
I know Karins DD squats suits and bench shirts fit very loose - you can get 2 fingers inside the bench shirt arms easily and probably a fist inside the squat legs. They have to fit loose for the principle of leverage they are based on to work. They are supposed to need no assistance to put on and take perhaps 30 seconds to slide into them.

i have both a karins dd squat and bench shirt. i need help getting both on and off

Thanks for telling me how tight your Karin's suit and bench shirt are. She must just be a liar. She has told me over the phone, and it is posted on her website that the shirt sleeves should fit loose or it will inhibit your lifts, and she has told me that a person should be able to put one on in seconds with no help. I am sorry to hear she is a liar.

When I graduated from Chiropractic school in the 80's I had a classmate named Kenny that went on to be New Yorks team chiropractor back in the late 80's and early 90's. I would bet they have someone new by now, and he might have quit the position - he did not like it much as he felt the team players were prima donnas and hard to work with.

Now as a 4th year med student I have about as little respect for MD's as I did 20 years ago.

Top Bottom