Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Muscle Groups

CNovaJason

Hey bros, I was looking at bodybuilder pics and it looks like they work every single muscle fiber in their bodies. That is the reason most people don't get the overall 'look' like they want. They only do dumbell over head presses or bench press or just squats. You have to do rear delts, front shoulders, upper back, lower back, upper chest etc. I'm having trouble filling out a couple of spots and I'm wondering if that would give me a thicker look. Can you guys give me a couple of good exercises for front shoulders, the lower or inside portion of the chest(even though I've heard nothing works the inside from some people), and my middle to lower back. I do front raises with a cambered bar, for middle back I do rows and haven't done deads in a while(few weeks b/c I had a little strain), and for chest I typically do incline dumbells, decline, and flyes sometimes bench press. I alternate b/t different areas of each muscle each time I lift. Any info will be appreciated THANKS!

Delts
Upright Rows (outside)
Reverse Butterflies (rear delts)
Benching and inclines will work out the front as much as needed seriously!

Chest
I dont think the inside of the chest can be worked, but if you want the stretch and pump I would say incline butterflies.

Back
Cable Narrow Grip Rows
Lats Pull downs
Chin Ups
Straight Back Romanian Dead Lifts (modified Straight leg dead lift) is a hammy excercise but my back has strengthened considerably.

Anything else?
CWC

CNovaJason said:
Hey bros, I was looking at bodybuilder pics and it looks like they work every single muscle fiber in their bodies. That is the reason most people don't get the overall 'look' like they want.

What you are noticing is called genetics. To be a good BBer you can't have physique faults. I'm sure there is a bit of effort that goes into balancing things out in everyone's routine but by and large the physique completeness and generally pleasing aethetics is a gift from their parents.

CNovaJason said:
They only do dumbell over head presses or bench press or just squats. You have to do rear delts, front shoulders, upper back, lower back, upper chest etc.

There are 2 advantages to heavy compound lifts.
1) They hit a lot of structure at once making the entire body grow. How can one increase one's row without rear delts or bicepts also getting stronger?
2) They actually work. Isolating a muscle can sometimes be important but unless there is a specific reason (weak link, imbalance) it tends to yield very little in the way of results. Of course, if one takes enough drugs one can get all kinds of things to show results but to be considered good or even marginally effective they should at least produce results without dependence on drugs.

CNovaJason said:
I'm having trouble filling out a couple of spots and I'm wondering if that would give me a thicker look. Can you guys give me a couple of good exercises for front shoulders, the lower or inside portion of the chest(even though I've heard nothing works the inside from some people), and my middle to lower back. I do front raises with a cambered bar, for middle back I do rows and haven't done deads in a while(few weeks b/c I had a little strain), and for chest I typically do incline dumbells, decline, and flyes sometimes bench press. I alternate b/t different areas of each muscle each time I lift. Any info will be appreciated THANKS!

Thickness is a matter of adding muscle to a given frame. Once your frame is filled with muscle it has no place left to go but "out" so to speak. Nothing better than deads and squats.

Front shoulders are the anterior deltoid. This is possibly the most overworked area of the shoulder simply because so many people hammer it with presses. This is overdeveloped in most US lifters simply because they life to bench so much. Any pressing is the primary stimulus. I happen to favor standing military or push presses for general shoulder development. Front raises will isolate it to a degree if you insist.

Inside chest - no such thing. Search grey's anatomy on yahoo or your library and check it out. Pecs pull inward to the sternum not along it - you can't grow part of a muscle so you are left with growing the whole thing. This is a matter of genetics and not having a "pretty" insertion or whatever. The only thing you can do is add size to make what you have more noticable (or lose fat but if it's already not great you might be disappointed). Lower chest is any flat, decline, dips etc...Any fly type motion will isolate - you've read my caveate on isolation but I'll answer anyway.

Middle and lower back - row and pull from the floor. Rows are at 90 degrees or as close as possible. Pulling from the floor is deads or OLs if you are familiar. Work on gaining capacity in these lifts and throw in some pullups or chins. Not much more to do for back. Hypers are actually a really good exercise from a pre-hab perspective.

Top Bottom