Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Knee Pain after SQUATTING heavy

Lililston

Do you guys sometimes feel any pain in knee joint area after squatting heavy??

Mine sometimes hurt.... so I was wondering what kind of symptoms are there(when it comes to knee injury)?

where is the pain?? Above / below the Patella or behind it?

Do you use a heel block or lifting shoes?

S

Do not get knee wraps. Knee wraps allow you to lift more weight than the joint maybe structurally capable of handeling.

Also if they do provide support when lifting, what happens when you don't have them on?? - they encourage improper motor programs and reduce strength & muscle coordination for the muscles don't have to work as hard to stabilize the knee joint.

Wraps should only be used in competition or at the very end of pre-comp training when you are doing a max single. not when doing reps etc. just like a belt.

S

Happened to me yesterday after squatting too. It has since subsided but it only happens very rarily. It could be entirely due to form/foot placement. My pain was on the inside of the knee cap on my right knee.

supreme said:
Do not get knee wraps. Knee wraps allow you to lift more weight than the joint maybe structurally capable of handeling.

Also if they do provide support when lifting, what happens when you don't have them on?? - they encourage improper motor programs and reduce strength & muscle coordination for the muscles don't have to work as hard to stabilize the knee joint.

Wraps should only be used in competition or at the very end of pre-comp training when you are doing a max single. not when doing reps etc. just like a belt.

S

What sport do you compete in?

Right now, none except recreational ones

Previously: hockey, soccer, baseball

But I learned Olympic lifting from the pro's at USA weightlifting - they and most strength coaches agree - save wraps for competition.

If you have knee pain, get it checked. using a wrap is just avoiding the problem and setting you up for a possible devastating injury.

S

check your squat form. if you feel the pain squatting with your knees going past your toes, or you squat and the weight shifts to your toes often. learn to sit back. squat more PL style so your shins can stay vertical. this will help you recruit your hips and hams more.

Top Bottom