Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need some major help

JH34PG

Hi, im 16 and i need to get my arms much bigger for basketball. all i have is a 3 foot long dumbell and 2 regular dumbells, what excersies can i do thatll help me?

Why must your arms get bigger for basketball. The only thing I could think of where bigger arms would help you would be...bodybuilding.

Why do you want bigger arms for basketball?

B True

Arm size does not matter in basketball.

Am I missing something?

B True

JH34PG said:
. all i have is a 3 foot long dumbell and 2 regular dumbells,

hehe. cant resist.

whats a 3 foot long dbell? did you steal that from bfold?

alright....i'll help now. (that 3 foot long dbell is called a barbell)
how much weight can you add to the barbell?
how much do the dumbells weigh?

little more info would help por favor.

Re: ok

JH34PG said:
basically yea, but a college coach said i need to get stronger to play college ball

the coach said specifically you need to be stronger in the arms?

overall strength will help your game. legs, shoulders, back, chest etc. arms are going to be a byproduct of your working out. you have a gym at school right? if your coach is worth anything he will recommend some basic weight training movments and show you how to perform them. dont rely on the little equipment you have at home if you can hit the gym at school. if you like training at home, you might want to see if you can get some of the basics and some instruction in doing the basics as well.

again, hit your coach up or even another coach. football coach would help you more, if your basketball coach is incapable.

Re: Re: I need some major help

bignate73 said:

hehe. cant resist.

whats a 3 foot long dbell? did you steal that from bfold?

:) My 2" thick dbells are nearly 3' long...:)

B True

basketball training

My first post here... anyway, these guys are right on, hypertrophied arms are of little use in basketball. I played some ball back in HS and still love to play all the time and I've found that core lifts which emphasis functional strength and power like squats, power cleans, etc. enhance explosiveness and toughness far more than DB curls ever could. Even though they sound like football lifts, they have tremendous value in basketball as well.

Top Bottom