Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

hamstring help

Inhibitor13

I found a routine in this months MD I wanna try out...well In the routine he seperated quads and hams into 2 different days... Now I am good on what exercises to do to hit the quads but hamstrings I only have a couple... Thats stiff legged deads, ham curls (or whatever thats called) and the one execise where u hold dbells and step out with one foot and the other legs knee touches the floor and then back up...

I do two exercises for hams, using first one on my first leg day and the second one on my next leg day. I do them first in the routine before calves and quads.

The first is laying face down on the ham curl machine with my elbows up to increase the tension. I do 3 sets 12, 10, 8 increasing the weights and then two more sets of 8 decreasing the weights.

Light stretch before and after.

On the next leg day I do single leg, standing ham curls ... alternating left, right. (You can do this on the leg extension machine.)

I do 3 sets 12, 10, 8 increasing the weights and then two more sets of 8 decreasing the weights.

Again, a light stretching before and after.

I believe these two exercises hit the muscles from butt to back of knees.

I never got anything out of any lift or squat in the hams.

besides what alot of people on here think about swiss ball work. i have really good exercise for hamstrings. here are the steps to do it:

1. lie flat on your back with a swiss ball under your lower legs just above your ankle.
2. keeping your body straight create a bridge
3. curl your legs (basicly a hamstring curl) while keeping the rest of your body straight.
4. then lift one leg off the ball keeping your body straight do one legged hamstring curls.

this will toast your hamstrings

wow... the swissball work needs to be kept for Yoga mom's and the alike 160lb skinny fats counterparts.

OLY Squating 3x week put 2 inches on each of my legs... that's all I have to say about that.

sgtslaughter said:
wow... the swissball work needs to be kept for Yoga mom's and the alike 160lb skinny fats counterparts.

OLY Squating 3x week put 2 inches on each of my legs... that's all I have to say about that.

are you calling me a 160lb skinny fat guy?

Wide-stance "sit back" powerlifting squats.

Glute ham raises.

Any deadlift variation.

Regardless of the exercise, work it progressively for a length of time. E.g., start light and add 5 pounds a week each week for 12 weeks or however long you can.

wakefib said:
besides what alot of people on here think about swiss ball work. i have really good exercise for hamstrings. here are the steps to do it:

Watch your mouth. Your talking about MEN who KNOW what works. Swiss balls are terrible, period. Who are you? Rainman said he could drive - but he could not. So what do you squat? Cause that is a measurement of manhood around here.

Squatting and Deadlifting w/ as much weight as is possible is the answer to your question Inhibitor13 - and why the hell are you breaking the leg into "parts". I recommend you look at this. Look for the word Madcow then come back w/ questions:
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484815

Read Madcows site. Start training LIFTS and stop training bodyparts. That is if you want to be big and strong. If you want to be skinny and puny take a look at Swiss Balls or for that matter the MD "workouts".

al420 said:
Watch your mouth. Your talking about MEN who KNOW what works. Swiss balls are terrible, period. Who are you? Rainman said he could drive - but he could not. So what do you squat? Cause that is a measurement of manhood around here.

Squatting and Deadlifting w/ as much weight as is possible is the answer to your question Inhibitor13 - and why the hell are you breaking the leg into "parts". I recommend you look at this. Look for the word Madcow then come back w/ questions:
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=484815

Read Madcows site. Start training LIFTS and stop training bodyparts. That is if you want to be big and strong. If you want to be skinny and puny take a look at Swiss Balls or for that matter the MD "workouts".

yes. squats and deadlifts are the main exercises, and they are a true test of strength. everyone knows this. i was just throwing a good exercise out there. and fyi, i just started squatting again after coming back from a back injury after a year and a half and i hit 275 for 5 reps my last set Oly style as low as possible (which was balls to the wall). at a body weight of 185lbs. i have seen your lifts and they are respectable, but this is a place to throw around information. you are not in the right by being disrespectful to me.
but you are right, if you want to base your lifts around a swiss ball you will be a pansy, but on the other hand you shouldn't be narrow minded about new things. most swiss ball workouts are gay, but like i have said before there are some good exercises you can throw into your routine here and there.

p.s. i will be making a log so if you are interested in dogging me some more you can come there all you like, and you can see how i will be training in more detail.

Last edited:
and why should i watch my mouth? because i disagree with you? maybe you should be a little more mature

Top Bottom