Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gaining weight

needfasp3ed

Hey, im a newbie to this forum. Im 17 years old, im 6ft tall, and weigh 155 pounds. Yes im pretty skinny but im "ripped" and decently strong for my size. My bench max is 200, clean max is 205 , and i dont know what my squat max is. My question to all of you is what is the best way to gain weight as well as muscle at my age for someone with a VERY high metabolism. Right now im am taking Creatine from GNC. It seems to be helping a little bit. I take about half a tablespoon after i workout everyday. Any ideas?

Eat, eat and eat some more. Many people your age are scared of gaining weight because they don't want to lose their 6 pack. I was one of them when I was 17 too. Eat everything you can get your hands on. Drink whole mik, eat ice cream and a lot of meat. Forget the creatine, just eat shovel everything down your throat you can. Make sure to eat plenty of protein during the day, but honestly, eat it all.

One day you will wish that you had the fast metabolism....I wish I did right now.

Eat eat eat!

full ass-to-ground Olympic barbell squats 3 times a week.
A gallon of whole milk every day.
more food than you think you can eat.
Oh, and read this book:
startingstrength.com

There's only so much food you can digest and you can only put on so much muscle. These things take time.

In your case, you're best off eating small low fat meals frequently (bear in mind that meat takes a shit ton of time to digest which could be counterproductive to your goal of looking buff and feeling healthy. Sugary foods suck!) Also training frequently with medium intensity/volume. If you just want massive muscles find out which ones grow the best because size isn't always correlated with the ability to crank out huge poundages. Work out which muscles are stubborn -at what angles you're weakest- and find out about the little -less showy- muscles because they aid the big lifts and subsequently greatly affect training perfomance and muscle size.

Don't worry everyone puts on bulk eventually, only by then you'll probably have grown up a lot and who knows what your attitude might be.

you clean 205 pds. at 6' 155 pds.? hm...and you dont know your squat max - assuming that the power clean is usually about 50-70% of a 1 rep squat max you should be squatting 400 pds..but for some reason I dont think that's right at 6' 155 pds...

ChinkNasty said:
you clean 205 pds. at 6' 155 pds.? hm...and you dont know your squat max - assuming that the power clean is usually about 50-70% of a 1 rep squat max you should be squatting 400 pds..but for some reason I dont think that's right at 6' 155 pds...

i know for a fact i cannot come CLOSE to squatting 400 pounds so you're right on that. Haha, if you fellas want me to take video of myself cleaning 205 i will. My guess for squat max would probably be around 270-280 in that range... squats are my weakness because of my little chicken legs. So i know i need to work on that.

Top Bottom