Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Form on DB pressing

bigrand

Hey bros,

I always seem to have a little trouble with working chest because my shoulders get over worked or injured. To try to aleviate this, i only drop my arms to a 90 degree angle straight out from my body, hoping to put less strain on my shoulders. I TRY to keep my traps pinned down and not extend my shoulders at the end of the press. I also try to keep my elbows at a 90 degree angle to my sides (sometimes i let the angle get bigger and it strains my anterior delts and rotator it feels like).

Are there any tips yall could give me as to anything i might be doing wrong?

If you only drop your arms to a 90% angle to your sides then your not working much of your chest, that will primarily hit your tri's. Any chest excercise you do is going to hit your delts in some way, from, or fassion. I'd stick with more isolating movements like peck-deck flies or BD flies.

My shoulders are a little loose in the joints, so i always have problems with them regardless, but i would like to limit their use in pressing. I read in a Muscle and Fitness (and heard from a few people) that you dont really need to go past 90 degrees while pressing (maybe a little) cuz when you do, the emphisis is shifted to the delts and taken away from the chest. I do flys after about 8 sets of various presses.

Actually, i think its just a question of focus. i need to make sure im doing all things in the lift properly at all times.

DDC, i asked a bro at my gym and he told me to keep my traps pinned to the bench.

Thanx bros, ive actually been doing better with my form latley, so ill stick with it.

Top Bottom