Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do you use contrasting showers after a workout?

E

Elite_Fry

Been reading a few articles about it and sounds like it would be most beneficial. Does anyone here do them after a workout? and how do you do it? i read hot (2 minutes) then cold (2 minutes) repeated 4 times.
cheers!

Elite Fry said:
Been reading a few articles about it and sounds like it would be most beneficial. Does anyone here do them after a workout? and how do you do it? i read hot (2 minutes) then cold (2 minutes) repeated 4 times.
cheers!

Actually, it should be hot 3 minutes, cold 1 minute. This is how I take most or all of my showers, whether its post-workout or not.

why do you do that?
how does it benefit your body?

Debaser said:
Actually, it should be hot 3 minutes, cold 1 minute. This is how I take most or all of my showers, whether its post-workout or not.

Repeated 2,3, 4 times ?

In the WestSide seminar video, Dave Tate talks about jumping from a hottub into an open air swimming pool (in the winter I think) and back into the hot tub. If you get the chance beg, borrow or steal these videos. They are packed with cool tips.

Hell, Mel Siff used to make Tate run from a 104 degree hot tub to a 50degree pool every 30 seconds or so.

I usually alternate 30 cold, 30 hot.....I'm not too scientific about it, I just want to rush blood in and out of the muscle for recuperation.

Schutz.....All of the WSB vids are great. I also recommend Chuck Vogelpohl's XXXL DVD. That guy is phenominal.

Get "Supertraining" and the "Science and Practice of Strength Training" to read.

Top Bottom