Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Dead lifts

Johnny B Rollin

I have recently started to incorporate dead lifts in my workout. They are great!

Do you guys have one hand facing forward and one facing backwards, or both the same way?

Normally use one facing and the other away.

Once you get used to your routine and want to shake things up a bit try this:

Warmup properly

Weight should be close to 100% of your one rep max.

Then try to do 20 reps.

Do one lift stay in the starting position with weight on the floor count 30 sec and lift again if you get tried stretch out the resting period no longer than a minute though.

This is a great way to shock the muscles.

Cheers

I use an alternate grip. Its safe and also easier to hold the bar because of the alternate positions of your hands.

SOB that sounds crazy, I gotta try that.

The alternate grip is good just make sure you use chalk and not gloves. With gloves you will drop the bar, which sucks becuase you can't really work your back out good enough for fear of breaking the plates.

I use the same grip for my hands.. Im sure I could do more with an alternating grip but I want equal development..as soon as I went from alternating to the same grip..I noticed my left trap getting sore...

Most bodybuilders use the both hand overhand grip to promote symmetry. If you keep the bar close to your body and keep your back tight, you should be okay. I personally use this grip and keep my arms just to the outside of my legs. DL's have improved my overall back thickness tremendously. I also have to use straps when I go over 315, which I guess is one drawback to the overhand approach.

------------------
One Rep Past Death...

With gloves you will drop the bar? I don't.

------------------
I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are. - Homer Simpson

imo, it's MUCH easier to hold the bar using an alternate grip. Simply switch grips each set - left under, right over to left over, right under. No biggie.

------------------
My $.02

Top Bottom