Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Crap I tore my tricep!!

Update. The muscle itself is starting to heal, but my elbow is still very tender and painful to touch or move. Yesterday I noticed a discoloration in the elbow as well, so I got scared crapless and decided to go to the hospital. Doc took X-rays and says that it looks fine, and that there may be some minor tearing of the tendon, but advised for me to get a strap for the elbow and keep pressure on it as minor tears should usually heal on their own. He also advised me to wait for the ultrasound that's next week and see what the results are.

The strap is actually helping a lot, I'm surprised, I should have bought one the same day I caused the injury.

I'm trying so hard not to get depressed here and look on the bright side of things :(

I'm convinced this is due to using a mixed (pronated/supinated) grip on heavy deads. When I get to my heavy deads, I make sure to use a double pronated grip to avoid the strain on (and possible tear of) the bicep. You can't lift quite as much with this grip...but you can lift a whole lot more than you can with a torn bicep!!! :D

That's true! Mixed grip is dangerous. The only reason powerlifters do it is because they know they'll be able to lift more weight and make a better score. Coach Charles Poliquin explains it better on his website.

Update. The muscle itself is starting to heal, but my elbow is still very tender and painful to touch or move. Yesterday I noticed a discoloration in the elbow as well, so I got scared crapless and decided to go to the hospital. Doc took X-rays and says that it looks fine, and that there may be some minor tearing of the tendon, but advised for me to get a strap for the elbow and keep pressure on it as minor tears should usually heal on their own. He also advised me to wait for the ultrasound that's next week and see what the results are.

The strap is actually helping a lot, I'm surprised, I should have bought one the same day I caused the injury.

I'm trying so hard not to get depressed here and look on the bright side of things :(

I think you gonna do fine! After such a short time it's starting to get better, you be able to be back to normal in no time. Keep a positive atitude, being worried about it all the time is not gonna help you. Nevertheless when you are able to get back to the gym keep those mistakes in mind if you wanna keep injuries away. Good luck

Ok so I was doing tricep extensions with a 100lb dumbell and after the 5th rep I heard a slight rip in my left tricep and felt a little pain.

Now about 1hr later I can move my arm up and down but with some pain, and the area right above my elbow has gotten swollen. There is only a minor pain though unless I do movements that require the tricep.

How bad did I hurt myself? I'm going to see a doc tomorrowm, I seriously hope I'm ok.

ouch, that sound really painful!
i hope you get well soon and heal quick.:)

I think you gonna do fine! After such a short time it's starting to get better, you be able to be back to normal in no time. Keep a positive atitude, being worried about it all the time is not gonna help you. Nevertheless when you are able to get back to the gym keep those mistakes in mind if you wanna keep injuries away. Good luck

Guys thanks for the kind words all of you. It's such a blow to be able to lift pretty hardcore and be reduced to nothing in a split second because of a stupid mistake. I've done this twice to my back and thank God recovered fully both times (after months). I hope the same applies to this.

I'm considering ending my weightlifting for good though. My family needs me in one piece and not as a cripple, so I don't know.

The most frustrating thing is that EVERY Doctor I have talked to doesn't care, and forget trying to get an MRI or Ultrasound soon, everything is booked and I got lucky for an Aug 29th spot. I'll let you guys know what the ultrasound shows, I'm hoping there very little tearing, if any.

Guys thanks for the kind words all of you. It's such a blow to be able to lift pretty hardcore and be reduced to nothing in a split second because of a stupid mistake. I've done this twice to my back and thank God recovered fully both times (after months). I hope the same applies to this.

I'm considering ending my weightlifting for good though. My family needs me in one piece and not as a cripple, so I don't know.

The most frustrating thing is that EVERY Doctor I have talked to doesn't care, and forget trying to get an MRI or Ultrasound soon, everything is booked and I got lucky for an Aug 29th spot. I'll let you guys know what the ultrasound shows, I'm hoping there very little tearing, if any.

How old are you bro?

^^ I'm 29 right now bro.

Currently just sitting here putting cold patches on my elbow, they help with the pain. I have an appointment with a doctor who specializes in sports injuries for the 27th, and I have my ultrasound on the 29th.

Until then all I can do is twiddle my thumbs and deal with the pain. I know there's minor tearing of the tendon, because I can see on the left hand side of the elbow there's a scar now that wasn't there, as if something pulled the skin from the inside. I'm told that any tears that are less than 50% should reattach, but until that damn ultrasound there's pretty much nothing I can do.

^^ I'm 29 right now bro.

Currently just sitting here putting cold patches on my elbow, they help with the pain. I have an appointment with a doctor who specializes in sports injuries for the 27th, and I have my ultrasound on the 29th.

Until then all I can do is twiddle my thumbs and deal with the pain. I know there's minor tearing of the tendon, because I can see on the left hand side of the elbow there's a scar now that wasn't there, as if something pulled the skin from the inside. I'm told that any tears that are less than 50% should reattach, but until that damn ultrasound there's pretty much nothing I can do.

Be patient! three months ago I had a minor tear on my inner forearm close to the elbow due to a armwrestling joke, it was taking some time to heal. Until I found out that the way I slept wasn't helping and the cold air conditioning during sleep was slowing down the healing process. Keep the joint stable and by now i don't think the ice is a good idea. I like to use TIGER BALM, have you tried yet?

^^^ Hey man, well funny you ask because today I went to buy some A535 and I'm starting to rub it into the muscle and massage the muscle and the joint. Thank God the pain is going away, now I'm worried about the stiffness. I can't move my arm more than half way up without it feeling stiff as a rock. I think it's because of the scar tissue in the muscle has now made it tight.

So I'm just going to massage my tricep every day for a while in hopes I can start breaking down some of it.

Today is the first day I feel that I may actually have hope to get back in there and pound some weights again.

You ripped your tendon in an arm wrestling contest? Wow that must have sucked.

Top Bottom