Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cardio or Weights for cutting diet

Bobarell

Hey all,

I am on a LOW carb diet right now. My intake is about 200g pro/20g carbs/100g fat. My fat and Protein are a little more than that, but usually whatever it takes to get around 2000-2100 cals. I just finished the induction period of Atkins and am ready to start doing some real workouts. I am 5'10" 175 at around 17%bf and want to get to around 10%bf without losing any muscle.

Here's my question. I work out 4-5 times a week and was wondering if I should be doing more Cardio or Weight training while cutting or both. My gut tells me weight since I don't want to lose muscle but at the same time I fell I will burn fat faster with cardio.

I am just looking to see what other people do while cutting/burning fat.

try to do both

either weight one day and cardio the other day

or

weight first and cardio after, the same day

If I had to choose one, keep the weight training... and HEAVY! On my next cutting phase I plan to focus more on keeping my weight training volume/intensity up. (some moderate cardio too)

maybe you can try doing both...some cardio in the morning before breakfast...or if you don't have time time, a bit later in the day...but do do your cardio if you wanna loose fat..at least 3 times a week if not more

Complete Muscle said:
If I had to choose one, keep the weight training... and HEAVY! On my next cutting phase I plan to focus more on keeping my weight training volume/intensity up. (some moderate cardio too)

Agreed. If your diet is sound and you're lifting consistently, you don't need a lot of cardio. Right now I do about 20 minutes, twice a week. That is sufficient.

Top Bottom