Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up now!

Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up n

So you're not a new/ beginner lifter. Adding 50lbsto any lift in only 3-4 weeks is good. Isn't the stronglifts similar, and probably based on the Mark Rippetoe beginner program? It seems you're just repeating the same program.

Give it a try if your lifts don't go up I would say it's time to decrease the volume a little and move to the madcow intermediate 5 x 5. You will continue to make gains with that program.

Yea its basically the same. lol. The only difference is that i didnt wanted to do the deadlifts back then and i "fucked" with the program meaning i added some arm workouts and such after every workout session. Yeah i know i was stupid to do that. I ended up doing isolation work for my biceps 3 times a week. I still however saw some great gains. lol. Thank god i got more knowledge now and im looking to follow the program to the T now.

Re: Bill Starr's 5 x 5 program... Variation per Madcow2 (thanx) So here it is! K up n

I'd like to add some cardio on Tuesdays and Thursdays just to stay healthy and for a change. I'm going to take on HIIT but I don't know how to use it... Is it 1 min jog and then do a 30 sec sprint + 30 sec jog 4 times, repeating it another time every week?

I'd like to add some cardio on Tuesdays and Thursdays just to stay healthy and for a change. I'm going to take on HIIT but I don't know how to use it... Is it 1 min jog and then do a 30 sec sprint + 30 sec jog 4 times, repeating it another time every week?

Start a new thread or use the search button, we're way off topic now.

Sorry if it has been answered before but i was simply wondering if the deload week is necessary after 4 weeks or do you keep going until you cant complere all reps anymore?

I also checked the 5x5 calculator and it didnt seemed to include a deload since the weight kept increasing weekly

Sorry if it has been answered before but i was simply wondering if the deload week is necessary after 4 weeks or do you keep going until you cant complere all reps anymore?

I also checked the 5x5 calculator and it didnt seemed to include a deload since the weight kept increasing weekly
It wounds like you are doing the single factor (intermediate)?

If so the first 4 weeks are leading up to your current 5 rep PR's, after that you are making new PR's every week. You do this as long as you can, some people can go 12+ weeks adding weight to the bar making new PR's every lift, every week.

When you get to a point where you are not able to make all your reps, you can either reset the entire program, or just reset one lift. Using your new Pr's, working back up to them in 4 weeks time.

Eventually you will get overloaded and you won't be making Pr's, or you feel you just need to take it easy for a week or so. That is when you will deload for a week doing light stuff, maybe something fun like checking your 1 rep max, but the volume is much less. You may only train 1-2 days that week instead of all 3.

Which day would be the best to add power shrugs as an accessory lift? I'm guessing Friday as Monday I do good mornings, and Wednesday I deadlift.

Okay well I've just finished week 4 and I'm coming into week 5 (I took 5 weeks to get to my 5RM) and todays squat felt tough... Haven't missed anything yet, but what happens if I do? Another reset?

PS: I've been doing HIIT on tuesdays and thursdays (10 min jog + 10s/10s sprint/jog x 4)

Nevermind my previous post. I got 105x5 easily this monday and 107.5x3 wasn't too hard today either. My current weight is 95.8kg (I somehow gained 1.6kg in the past 4 days which kind of freaks me out because all I see is a bigger belly lol).

I guess I've gained some strength on the squat since 105 was easy. Military press is going pretty strong as well but the stand out lift are the dips which have gone up by +15 kg. I don't see much size... yet :D

PS: thanks for your help djeclipse

This is how the 5 x 5 works, the sets of 3 on Friday get you ready for the set of 5 on monday. It is all about programing.

In order to add muscle you are going to have to gain weight. Just make sure its no more than 1-lbs per week and most of that should be muscle. In order to see size gain you will ahve to eat.

You should take some before pics and pics in a few weeks time, it is hard to notice any size gains as you see yourself every day in the mirror.

Top Bottom