Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Back exercise grips????

WannaBPowerful

If anyone on here IS knowledgable enough, i would like someone to write out an explination on the different grips while doing back movements and what the difference is for where it hits hardest.

Example:

1. On wide grip pulldowns, is there a difference between a nuetral grip or overhand grip?

2. On Standing rows, reverse grip and overhand grip?

3. Close grip pulldowns do what differently than wide grip?

4. Cable rows, high, low, close grip, wide grip, underhand grip, overhand grip, nuetral grip.

5. Pulldowns while leaning back at 45 degrees rather than sitting upright?

I know this is a biggie, so Karma to all who can answer a few of these questions for me. :)

1. Yes... overhand is over hand... Neutral is in the middle of under and over (The bar is running the width of your body... palms facing your cheeks

2. Reverse grip would be like a "curling" grip for biceps. Overhand would be the grip you'd use like when you are benching.

3. when you pulldown, have your hands closer then shoulder width, rather then wider

4. Cable Rows are when you are seated with your knees bent, and you grab a low pulley with either a wide/close grip bar underhand, or overhand depending on which (same as above... underhand like a curl, overhand like a bench press). You could also use the neutral, which is halfway between over, and under. (The bar is shaped a certain way, you can't really go wrong). From there, just pull or "row" the bar into your gut...

5. You'd grab the pulldown par, and lean back a little before pulling into your chest, rather then pulling straight down first.

Should be ok to go.

haha you misunderstood me. Im not a newbie. I was wondering what PART of the back they hit. Ex: Wide grip pulldowns work your lats to be wider.

To sum up 1-4, your different widths and grips determine your range of motion. Like on wide grip pulldowns to the front, your probably getting a lot of upper back, the closer your hands start to come together, the further you can bring your elbows back and get a deeper stretch and contraction. Using a curl grip for pulldowns, you can bring your elbows back even further and get more lower lat into play. The way Dorian Yates puts this, you are working the lat from insertion to insertion, from shoulder to hip (I'm no anatomy expert so I might be wrong). I personally only alternate between wide grip to the front or a curl grip for pulldown and on seated the close grip attachment or sometimes an overhand grip on a straight bar.

5. I assume you're referring to pulldowns to the front. If you lean back 45 degrees that's pretty much a row anyway, I think you see people do this because the weight is too heavy and they need to use some low back to get the set started. I would say to target the upper back, rhomboids, ya sit upright, tilt your head back and arch your chest just a bit.

A.

the 45 degree pulldown is what i saw Cormier doing in a video. Its supposed to do something. No rocking, just stay back at 45 degrees and do the pulldown. I was guessin its a lower lat worker. What is the difference between a overhand grip and a nuetral grip for pulldowns and rows? I caught on, with the range of motion thing you said. PERFECT info. Karma bro, id give u more if i could :)

Top Bottom