Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Allergies/Antihistamines effect on training?

xonic2xonic2

Anyone else get bad allergies? I am feeling pretty worn out a LOT of the time and while the meds (reactine, etc..) get rid of the damn sneezing/runny nose/watering eyes I am thinking that they have a negative impact on my training....

i get bad allergies but i dont take that shit on my workout days cause it makes me drowsy. it makes me not want to work out.

i got the worst allergies but i take allegra d twice daily which seems to keep[ me alert. stay away from benedril because it will be like a tranquilizer.

xonic2xonic2 said:
Anyone else get bad allergies? I am feeling pretty worn out a LOT of the time and while the meds (reactine, etc..) get rid of the damn sneezing/runny nose/watering eyes I am thinking that they have a negative impact on my training....
Xonic....If you suffer from allergic rhinitis ie. sneezing,congestion,runy nose etc. ask your doc for some flonase(fluticasone propionate).
This is a topical corticosteroid with no systemic effects. If anything it will lower circulating cortisol levels, due to the negative feedback loop on ACTH production. Trust me...I've done the research. lol.
200mcg/day is the usual dose and will clear you up big time.
I suffer from sleep apnea and have been advised to use my cpap machine, however during my initial studies, I mentioned to the tech. that I have difficulty breathing through my nose.There was no discussion or advice from the sleep doctor regarding this, so the cpap machine was useless, as it acts like a splint for airway passages via the nasal route.
Well I had to be my own doctor(as usual) and found that the flonase corrected my breathing obstruction and now I sleep like I use to 7 years ago.(sad but true)

Intranasal corticosteroid therapy for obstructive sleep apnoea in patients with co-existing rhinitis.

Kiely JL, Nolan P, McNicholas WT.

Department of Respiratory Medicine and the Respiratory Sleep Disorders Unit, St Vincent's University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland.

BACKGROUND: Increased nasal airflow resistance (NAR) may contribute to the pathophysiology of obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome (OSAS) but studies investigating the effects of relieving nasal obstruction in OSAS have produced differing results. There are no reports of intranasal corticosteroid therapy in adult OSAS patients with reversible nasal obstruction. METHODS: We evaluated an intranasal corticosteroid, fluticasone propionate, in 24 consecutive snorers with associated rhinitis using a randomised, placebo controlled, crossover design. Patients underwent polysomnography, snoring noise, and NAR measurements at baseline and after each 4 week treatment period. RESULTS: Twenty three patients completed the protocol and were divided into an apnoeic group (group A; 13 patients) and a non-apnoeic snoring group (group S; 10 patients) based on an apnoea-hypopnoea frequency (AHI) of > or =10/h or <10/h. AHI was significantly lower following treatment with fluticasone than with placebo in the total population (median (quartile range) 11.9 (22.6) v 20 (26.3); p<0.05) and in group A (23.3 (21.3) v 30.3 (31.9); p<0.05). Median (95% confidence interval) within subject differences for AHI were -3.2 (-17.7 to -0.2) in the total population and -6.5 (-29.5 to 1.8) in group A. NAR was also lower on fluticasone (2.74 (1.21) v 3.27 (1.38), p<0.01), within subject difference being -0.45 (95% CI -0.87 to -0.21). The changes in AHI and NAR in group A were significantly correlated (r=0.56; p<0.05). Snoring noise and sleep quality were unchanged but daily diary records indicated subjective improvements in nasal congestion and daytime alertness with fluticasone (p<0.02). CONCLUSIONS: Intranasal fluticasone is of benefit to some patients with OSAS and rhinitis. The data suggest that this form of nasal obstruction may contribute to the pathophysiology of OSAS.

Get rid of the anti-histamines...B32

Last edited:
Top Bottom