Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

48h in between muscles..not enought?!

I don't understand what you're saying. My anterior deltoids and triceps get hit pretty hard in overhead presses and benches.

there's no golden rule no one knows your body like you do aslong as your weights are increasing every couple weeks you're not over training... I do chest and back one day and that's 12-16 sets of pushing and pulling that don't fry my arms at all so I isolate arms the next day and completely kill them

I agree with that. There's so many factors that go into how often you can lift such as intensity, volume, experience level, etc. Assuming you kill it in the gym like you said in an earlier post, I agree that the 3 day rest period is a good rule of thumb. Although that's really all it should be looked at as and not set in stone. If you're feeling amazing after only 48 hours, there's really no reason you couldn't go in the gym and hit a new pr. Routines like 5x5 use sub-maximal loads where you aren't killing it every workout and the body can recovery more quickly because it's an easier workout...just done more often. Neither way is wrong, just different ways of getting to the same goal.

This is a question without a real answer... how frequently you can train a muscle depends on the workout intensity, volume, rest and diet. It can vary from 24hrs to several days.

This is a question without a real answer... how frequently you can train a muscle depends on the workout intensity, volume, rest and diet. It can vary from 24hrs to several days.
also age plays a very big part . im 44 now and need atleast 5 days rest till i hit the same muscle group again , squats n deads once a week , any more n my lifts start to stagnate .

Top Bottom