Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Zone Diet

oh yeah...and the Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein bars are really yummy! Kinda "rice krispy treatish."

lol Nonerz. the chocolate mint ones are my fave. i think the diet is a good one a nice ratio for c/p/f, however, i think it would be hard to follow it to a T, trying to measure out exactly the right ratio of everything you eat might be difficult. the rich people have their Zone meals delivered to their homes each week.

I have used the Zone on and off for years. I start with their ratios then modify them to fit my needs- I usually eat more protein than carbohydrates. I think this program is a great place to start. :)

Watch out for those Zone bars while they are yummy- they are loaded with sugar and only 1/2 a bar will keep you "in the zone" use it as a treat never a meal!

I agree w/ everyone else, especially about the bars. The diet is a very good one to start with. It is also an optimal program for about 30% of the population. Give it a go, and let us know how you do.

CrystalChick said:
I was thinking of starting it I feel I need a changggge.
Thank you all for your responses

1 month old thread but here is some info on the 'zone' like diet I am doing. My gym is promoting the 'easy zone' diet which is based of Dr. Barry Sears 'the zone'.

What do I get out of it? A 28 day menu plan with a shopping list for every week that is based on my stats. That by itself was well worth it since I have a problem with planning my foods. Even though I knew how to eat clean beforehand, I think I was lacking on 'balance' specially the amount of good fats.

Basically they had me fill out a list of the foods I eat, took my stats and sent it out to a nutrionist center out in Toronto where my 28 day meal plan is made and sent back to me in a binder. This contains a list of all the favorable foods for protein/carbs/fat and how much of one food is one unit so that I know how much food I should have at each meal (ie, 2 egg whites = 1 unit, I am supposed to have 3 units of protein per meal).

In any case, if you are used to measuring your food every now and then, it shouldn't be a problem. I'm finding this very easy.

Top Bottom