Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ZMA and weird effects?

Agreed adepss...different people get different results.

I've heard from other guys that solidly believe they've experienced some gains in strength and some small gains in size from using ZMA.

The "scientific" studies (especially the one from Western Washington Uni - presented at the '99 ACSM meeting) have shown that ZMA supplementation resulted in significant increases in testosterone levels & muscle strength in athletes during a double blind, randomized trial. Granted, as you stated eden, some of these guys were zinc deficient. Take this study with a grain of salt, but I'd be willing to bet that a lot of athletes, including bodybuilders, are zinc deficient unless they are supplementing with a high potency multi or separately with zinc.

As far as a waste of money on ZMA: with a 30-day supply costing just $10 (Optimum Nutrition @ DPS), if it even helps a little bit it's worth it. :)

Oh yeah, and the last two nights I haven't had the dizzy spells w/ZMA. Weird shit.

Last edited:
I've heard people say that they've seen UFO"S or that they've seen god. Theres also alot of people who still swear by HMB, GH StAK or Secretagogue-one. I don't use AS or andro either. Maybe I do take ZMA and I didn't even realize it in Kirkland multivitamin. It has 22.5mg of zinc , 100mg magesium, 2mg vitamin b6. There it is, ZMA, but under a different logo.

Unfortunetly, I'm not experiencing any noticable anabolism from taking this multivitamin daily, maybe it does not have the precise ratio's that ZMA supplements have and maybe the multivitamin I use does not use the most effective form of ZMA.

Alien Abduction

It was definately an Alien Abduction. Look for small puncture wounds where they put the probes in. The dizziness is caused by them erasing your memory of the experience.

Whoooo that alien abduction happened to you too? I also had small puncture wounds, but that was from EQ shots:D and the dizziness was from the crack I smoked:p

dun knock ZMA.. it's great for post-cycle recovery... Yes it's zinc and magnesium, but before you knock it down cuz you think it's just a couple of minerals in a pill, read up on it and learn the power of SYNERGY... taking a multi-vitamin will not give you the same benefit, the two minerals has to be in exact ratio... Also, a lot of stuff affect the absorption rate... stuff like calcium, iron, copper.....

john

Have any of you guys used the Z-MASS by Cytodyne? its about the same ingredients as the other ZMA's but it has a prohormone blend. I took it for about 6 weeks right when i started training real hard again after a little lay off. I cant honestly say i noticed anything much but maybe in my recovery time.

Right now im having problems finding stuff thats gonna work for me, so i probably shouldnt be giving my opinions that much until i can find some good supplements! keep up the training guys

Z-Mass PM

I have been using Z-Mass PM for about a month now. I actually sleep great on it! I havent seen big results, although I have noticed some. It may also be due to the fact that I am a female. I have been trying to find a supplement in pill or liquid form to increase my muscle mass/tone. That's why I thought I would try Z-Mass. I am so tired of taking protein shakes ALL the time, plus my schedule and time doesnt permit the making and drinking of the big thick shakes as much as it requires. So if any of you have any info or advice to help a woman increase muscle mass and tone with certain supplements (other than the shakes), please do let me know! Thanks.

FSUGeneticFreak said:
Have any of you guys used the Z-MASS by Cytodyne? its about the same ingredients as the other ZMA's but it has a prohormone blend. I took it for about 6 weeks right when i started training real hard again after a little lay off. I cant honestly say i noticed anything much but maybe in my recovery time.

Right now im having problems finding stuff thats gonna work for me, so i probably shouldnt be giving my opinions that much until i can find some good supplements! keep up the training guys

RealDeal, I've been taking Z-Mass for about a month now, and on several occasions I woke up in a cold sweat and a little dizzy, I am pretty sure it is from the ZMA since that is the only thing (other then protein shakes and multi-vitamins) that iam taking right now.

Also for everyone thats posting replies pertaining to taking multi-vitamins instead of wasting money on ZMA, do the research first before making those claims. Men's Fitness recently did a great article on the benefits of ZMA. Also from personal experience I can tell you that ZMA works great (I also take multi-vitamins on a regular basis and have been doing so for the last 2 years), I sleep 100% better and about one week after starting on the ZMA my energy level during my workout skyrocketed.

for those of you who think you are getting ZMA simply cuz you take a multivitamin should definitely sit down and read some articles... To make that claim is like saying you don't take creatine cuz you eat red meat everyday..

john

Top Bottom