Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Your heaviest deadlifts?

needsize

Elite Mentor
Platinum
I usually scoff at these sort of posts, but I'm kind of curious....
What is the most you have deadlifted, for reps and/or max singles. I mean full range deads off the floor, not pins in a power rack, and indicate if you used straps or not.

My best single is a 545lbs, two weeks ago I pulled 455lbs for 3 sets of five, which was a pb for reps, no straps or weightlifting belts for either one.
I'm 5'9", 208lbs

I have pulled 551 with a 2" bar from the floor...been months ago and I feel much stronger now. Of course...one can not use straps on a 2" bar and I did not wear a belt or suit.

B True

That's impressive with a 2" bar, you do more training in partials for your meets don't you?

Yes...I do partials if that is an event for my meet. I may do near full range deads for my next contest...every 3-4 weeks. Garry Frank only deads at meets....

I think the world record for a 2" bar deadlift is now 620...but I expect it to be broken soon.

B True

I've never really done partials, I've done a lot of deads off a 5-6" box to work on my sticking point, which is the floor, its hard as hell reaching all the way to your feet to grab the bar, I've done triples on 475 off the box, a single on 5 plates, but now have bursitis in my hips to show for it

Hmmm...I do rev grip high pulls with an elevated feet position. The bar is almost sitting on my feet. This simulates the tire flip.

Maybe you should look at what kind of hip rotation that you are doing when you pull. Do you conventional or sumo?

B True

conventional, I did the injury a few years ago when I was going heavy ass to the floor squats and heavy deads off the box in the same week for 8-10 weeks, I think the damage added up.
I can control the pain with ice/ibuprofin but have not taken enough time off to get rid of it entirely, will have to do so soon.

I have done 455 for one rep...
405 for four
No straps, no belt...

I am only 19 so i think i am doing pretty well..:fro:

I felt like king of the world when I hit 4 plates for 5's, you know you're one of the big boys then.

Top Bottom