Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

WSB? How to form a routine after the basic routine.

So when your doing the two main heavy moves on your ME days

you do the first to one rep. How about how many sets would you do for that first exercise? And do you do the typical (roughly) 2 sets of 5, 6 sets of 3, 3 sets of 1

and how many sets for the second exercise? and what does the rep scheme look like for that?

Thanks

For example:

Let's say it's ME squat day and my 1st Main Move is going to be a 36" chain suspended good morning (wide/arched back) with the safety squat bar.

Bar x 3
Bar + 25s x 3
Bar + 45s x 3
Bar + 45s + 25s x 3

When this starts to feel hard, and it doesn't take very long, I switch to a 1R mode:

Bar + 45s + 45s x 1
Bar + 45s + 45s + 25s x 1

and this this will keep going up in 45s, 25s, and 10s until I reach my 1 rep max.

The exception this is that if I'm trying to break a personal record (which is the case every time I set foot in the gym) I will purposefully switch from 3 reps to 1 rep early in the game to conserve my energy for that last 1 RM lift.

Did that answer your question?

Spatts, after your speed work do you do a max heavy single? I read somewhere that it would be ideal to do it. But I can't seem to find out if this is done every speed day or about 4-5 weeks into a program.

"No plans to compete within the next year. I do not think I have any right to even try to compete until I get stronger, a lot stronger. I think I would only embarass myself."

Parabellum, just my $.02 but contest day can be one hell of a motivational learning experience. to compete in a small local meet is fun to test yourself, no matter your placings. You should go for it man:D

Parabellum...compete. Please. You will have so much fun and learn SO much. :)

If I am going to work up to a 1 rep max on a full lift (which is VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY rare) I do it at that time. Also, I may work up to a single partial 1RM at that time.

Skaman, we only do partial movements on everything...except for speed bench and speed squat (the M-1's on dynamic effort day).

The only time I ever do a full ROM 1RM is in a comp.

This is to prevent injury and train the links that make the chain...particularly, the weak ones.

spatts said:
Skaman, we only do partial movements on everything...except for speed bench and speed squat (the M-1's on dynamic effort day).

The only time I ever do a full ROM 1RM is in a comp.

This is to prevent injury and train the links that make the chain...particularly, the weak ones.

How do you determine your weaknesses during training without doing a full ROM at least once prior to a comp?

Curious,
Joker

Top Bottom