Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Wrist pain

aussiechik

My wrists are painful most of the time. Not excessivly so, but enough that i want to do something about it now before it gets worse. I dont know if im lifting weights incorrectly or if i just have weak wrists. Any hints?

I've had wrist pain for the last 10 years.........my right wrist gets quite inflamed whenever i do flat bench, so i only do inline's now (it means i can't use as much weight, therefore placing less stress on the wrists).

Does it hurt mainly on pressing movements? If so, drop exercises like flat benches, french presses etc.....they tend to exacerbate the problem in my experience.

Maybe you could also look at experimenting with different grips......maybe try a false grip for a while, ie. where your thumb is tucked in against your index finger rather than wrapped around the bar.

btw, how is sunny Brisvegas:D

Sunny Brisvegas aint so sunny today, but hey its winter so i cant complain.
I use that grip most of the time, it really seems to help.
What about something around my wrists to support them, would that help?
The pain mostly seems to be if i get any kind of rotation movement, so obvioulsy i try to avoid that.

:)

aussiechik said:
Sunny Brisvegas aint so sunny today, but hey its winter so i cant complain.
I use that grip most of the time, it really seems to help.
What about something around my wrists to support them, would that help?
The pain mostly seems to be if i get any kind of rotation movement, so obvioulsy i try to avoid that.

:)

yeah sure......i used to wear one of those tight tube elastic 'socks' on my wrists and they reduced the pain greatly. Maybe take some x-rays to see that it isn't anything structural that cant be fixed.....maybe some bone floating around or fluid buildup etc.

I think i will get an xray done. My right wrist actually cracks when i move it, and although like i said the pain isnt anything huge right now, i dont want it to get worse. Thanks for your advice. Its much appreciated.

I have broken both of my wrists before, and my right wrist never quite healed correctly. I use powerlifting wrist wraps on bench that seem to help a lot. My wrists also crack when I move them.

aussie - could you have arthritis? What kind of pain is it?

I have small joints and I had wrist pain when I started lifting heavy. I started doing wrist/grip work 1-2x week (heavy one day, on the other light and fast or static - like a plate pinch). This seemed to help a lot.

i would say get it checked out....it could be an impinged nerve, or simply a form of carpel tunnel syndrome....

Don't like msm -- it's just expensive aspirin and as an anti-inflammatory it works against healing.

First, make sure you are getting enough water.
Second, don't break your wrists when you press (i.e. keep your wrists straight instead of bending them back).

For joint/tendon/ligament support, I suggest:
10 gr/day hydolyzed collagen in 1 dose
1500-2000 mg/day of glucosamine sulfate (not HCL or N-acetyl) in 1 dose
1500-2000 mg/day of chondroitin sulfate in 1 dose
1500 mg/day of niacinamide over 4 doses

you can buy all the powders at BAC and mix them into fruit juice or (low sodium) tomato/V8 juice. Tastes horrible but works well.

Alternatively, a light deca cycle may be of some help. I've used deca over the years to fix elbow and knee problems -- key is to rehabilitate, not annihilate, while on though ...

Top Bottom