Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Working on modern engines = pain in the ass.

So I had to change my thermostat on the truck today.

The frigging A/C compressor had to moved to get at one of the bolts for starters.

I genuinely pity modern mechanics.

These engines are not user friendly.

Nerves were shot until I blew a load.

BTW....any recommendations on data recovery from flash crads and micro drives? I just ordered Photo Rescue.

Seems that nothing is simple anymore.

Testosterone boy said:
BTW....any recommendations on data recovery from flash crads and micro drives? I just ordered Photo Rescue.

When you try to access the flash/micro drive, does a directory structure come up (even if it's gibberish) or does it not even recognize the drive?

jnuts said:
When you try to access the flash/micro drive, does a directory structure come up (even if it's gibberish) or does it not even recognize the drive?
Been a rough week senor.

Problems with two microdrives from two of the three weddings I did last week.

Got 90% of the photos saved on CD but 10% is way too much.

For some reason, my microdrives are now self deleting as I copy to CDs when using my desk top. Not a problem with the lap top but that has a slow CD burner and is across town as well.

Tried to download Photo Rescue but the cut, copy and paste operation didn't work when trying to install the registration key. Screw it....I ordered the CD.

I need to take a course or something in Windows.

Testosterone boy said:
For some reason, my microdrives are now self deleting as I copy to CDs when using my desk top. Not a problem with the lap top but that has a slow CD burner and is across town as well.

Does your desktop and laptop runs the same OS (XP?)

What OS formatted your microdrive?

Over heating??

http://www.photoshot.com/articles/product_reviews/nikon_d1.htm

I have now worked with and published many pictures from the D1 and I would place it and the S1 as equals in terms of final image quality. The D1 does offer much faster motordrive and sequence shooting, with more frames, but this has been causing problems. Most photographers have opted for large IBM Microdrive hard disk cards (CompactFlash II fitting). These are from 320Mb to 1Gb, as currently sold with the camera. Even with the slower Fuji camera, users have been losing pictures because the drives overheat when worked too hard. The problem has been more noticeable with the D1, and pressmen are now using solid-state memory cards (currently up to 260Mb) in place of the mini hard disks, as the flash memory does not have the same mechanical limits are doesn't overheat. So if you intend to use the D1 for fast sports action sequence shooting, allow funds to purchase a wallet full of CompactFlash solid state memory in place of that very convenient 1Gb Microdrive, or as well as. There is no hint that the Microdrive is unreliable in normal use, just that these cameras can end up working it too hard without ventilation.

jnuts said:
Does your desktop and laptop runs the same OS (XP?)

What OS formatted your microdrive?
Got XP on both.

Desk top was fine until I tried to breathe life into a bad microdrive I bought off of Ebay. Windows "deleted" my crad reader but reinstalled the next day. Messed up for sure.

My friend saved a corrupted folder I think but the guy copied it unto a DVD+R assuming I could work with that. Also saved the files in a thm format that no lab or program that we have can read. grrrrr. Now the folder seems to be empty as well. Photo Rescue and Lexar Data Rescue can't even find the folder now...let alone the files.

jnuts said:
Over heating??

http://www.photoshot.com/articles/product_reviews/nikon_d1.htm

I have now worked with and published many pictures from the D1 and I would place it and the S1 as equals in terms of final image quality. The D1 does offer much faster motordrive and sequence shooting, with more frames, but this has been causing problems. Most photographers have opted for large IBM Microdrive hard disk cards (CompactFlash II fitting). These are from 320Mb to 1Gb, as currently sold with the camera. Even with the slower Fuji camera, users have been losing pictures because the drives overheat when worked too hard. The problem has been more noticeable with the D1, and pressmen are now using solid-state memory cards (currently up to 260Mb) in place of the mini hard disks, as the flash memory does not have the same mechanical limits are doesn't overheat. So if you intend to use the D1 for fast sports action sequence shooting, allow funds to purchase a wallet full of CompactFlash solid state memory in place of that very convenient 1Gb Microdrive, or as well as. There is no hint that the Microdrive is unreliable in normal use, just that these cameras can end up working it too hard without ventilation.
Interesting......the camera used to just quit working for a while after several hours of hard and fast use. needed a 15 minute cool down it seemed.

But yea.....the "corrupted folders" did occur well into the receptions and I was shooting a lot both times. Overheating may be a possibility.

I am going t0o go flash card now despite having 5 microdrives. I also want a 80gb Flashtrax for data back up but they are $650 and I need so many things. Like paying cc and phone bills.

Doing a couple new web pages as well. I am expanding like a mofu........so is debt despite solid business.

Testosterone boy said:
Interesting......the camera used to just quit working for a while after several hours of hard and fast use. needed a 15 minute cool down it seemed.

But yea.....the "corrupted folders" did occur well into the receptions and I was shooting a lot both times. Overheating may be a possibility.

I am going t0o go flash card now despite having 5 microdrives. I also want a 80gb Flashtrax for data back up but they are $650 and I need so many things. Like paying cc and phone bills.

Doing a couple new web pages as well. I am expanding like a mofu........so is debt despite solid business.

Based on that, it sounds like it's happening due to overheating. Until you get bigger flash cards, maybe swamp out microdrives every 10 minutes or so?

Hopefully the expansion will pay for itself.

jnuts said:
Based on that, it sounds like it's happening due to overheating. Until you get bigger flash cards, maybe swamp out microdrives every 10 minutes or so?

Hopefully the expansion will pay for itself.
Yea.....should be walking in tall cotton.............. next year.

Thanks for the idea........great excuse and quite likely as well. :)

Top Bottom