Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why Isn't "Redneck" (or its derivatives) a Racist Term?

mrplunkey

Have you ever noticed how tolerant people are of terms like "hillbillies" and "rednecks"? Even terms like "redneck peckerwood" are all fair game.

Here's a test: If you see a bumper sticker that says "Paddle Faster, I Think I Hear Banjo Music", you'd probably think it's funny. I know I'd laugh. But think about what that really implies -- that people from mountainous hyper-rural areas are anal rapists. That's a really nasty generalization.

Now let's do another test: If you saw a bumper sticker that says "Drive Faster, I Think I Smell Watermelon and Fried Chicken", you'd be offended. And to be honest, I'd find it offensive as well. But what are you implying? That a certain group has tendencies toward delicious, widely-popular and relatively expensive foods? Where's the real insult there?

It's just odd to me. One group can be painted with the brush of anal rape and it's funny. Another group can be painted with the brush of culinary good taste and it's offensive.

... now back to our regularly scheduled topic.

Pick3 is teh MO. That is all.

I handed my boss sum sunscreen once and told them to put it on his neck and it woodn't get so red

it didn't think it to be funny at all :(

I'm hittin the hay like rednex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because we don't fucking care. Call me whatever the fuck you want. like I give a fuck what you think.

BTW Pick would have a pink neck, or maybe lavender. What with teh gay and all.

playing the race card or the "someone called me an offensive name" card is weak

life doesn't care what someone calls you

Top Bottom