Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why is'nt mt Bench Press going up??

scout420

I know I'm getting stronger.I mean my weight has gone up in everything but the bench press.Why could thise be.Any info would be great thanks guys

scout420 said:
I know I'm getting stronger.I mean my weight has gone up in everything but the bench press.Why could thise be.Any info would be great thanks guys
Are you training your tri's? Your lats? Your shoulders? What does your routine look like?

You know now that I think of it I have been kind of neglecting my tris lately that could deffinately be one of the reasons.Good lookin guys I did'nt even think of that

SRY to jump in on your post 420!

But I'm having the same problem.

Failing out of the bottom of the lift.When I pick the weight up it does not have that"heavy"feeling.on the down stroke it still feels good.BUT when I touch my chest and get ready to push it out,I get stuck...my buddy can help me for about 3 inches and I can get it up then,hard due to straining my ass off trying to get it lifted.

Is there any other exercise I should be doing that would eliminate this.

I bust tris and shoulders are strong too.
My chest just sux.

Any help would be appreciated.

THX
SLIP

What are you doing to INCREASE your bench press????!!!!

B True

SlipROCK said:
SRY to jump in on your post 420!

But I'm having the same problem.

Failing out of the bottom of the lift.When I pick the weight up it does not have that"heavy"feeling.on the down stroke it still feels good.BUT when I touch my chest and get ready to push it out,I get stuck...my buddy can help me for about 3 inches and I can get it up then,hard due to straining my ass off trying to get it lifted.

Is there any other exercise I should be doing that would eliminate this.

I bust tris and shoulders are strong too.
My chest just sux.

Any help would be appreciated.

THX
SLIP

Make sure you are hitting your lats hard. Your lats are a major mover right out of the bottom.

Joker

Ever think that you could be overtraining as well? Try this super secret routine:

Day one:
Squat 1 x 20
Stiff-legged Deadlift 1 x 12
Pull-up or Pull-down 2 x 12
Barbell Curl 1 x 20

--Rest 2-4 days--

Day Two:
Bench Press 1 x 10
Dip 1 x 10
Military Press 2 x 12
Abs (eh, whatever you like)

Add 1-5 lbs each exercise each workout. Eat 2-3X your bw in protein a day.

Okay this is oversimplified but as I said before 90%+ of this board overtrains. You are not Ronnie Coleman.

*Quote by Iron Addict*

What if, instead of doing so much you never grow, those 3-4 exercises per body-part to ensure “complete development” of all “aspects” of a muscle. What if all you did was:

Squats 400 x 20
Stiff-legged deadlifts 375 x 15
Bench Press 315 x 12
Pull-Up with 100 lbs extra weight x 12
Military Press Body-Weight x 10
Calf-Raise 700 x 15
Weighted Sit-Up 175 x 12

How much bigger would you be than you are now, and what muscle would be under-developed?!?!?!?!?!?

What if that was ALL THE LIFTS YOU ACTUALLY DID ON A WEEK-TO-WEEK BASIS, BUT ACTUALLY DID THAT AMOUNT OF WEIGHT? AND SINCE THAT WAS ALL YOU DID YOU NEVER OVERTRAINED AND YOU WERE ALWAYS ABLE ADD A LITTLE AMOUNT OF WEIGHT TO THE BAR. HOW MUCH FUCKING BIGGER WOULD YOU BE THAN YOU ARE NOW???????

yeah, like i said in the other bench press post on here....i'm in the same boat. think its my tiny tri's holding me back. gotta be it. inclines are improving as well as fly's....just flat bench. frustrating huh? :D

Top Bottom