Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why is the price of oil going down, but......

Norman Bates said:

Considering they went up due to the war in first place this is actually quite funny :D

supossedly due to the posibility of a shortage because of iraq's production being stopped, yea right.

spongebob said:

supossedly due to the posibility of a shortage because of iraq's production being stopped, yea right.

The price went up due to the insecurity of war or no war.
Don´t believe me? Ask an economist.

Norman Bates said:

Considering they went up due to the war in first place this is actually quite funny :D

Yes it is.

Gas by me dropped 5 cents per gallon in less than 48 hours.

BASTARDS
:mad:

futures are not as liquid as stocks, but still very dynamic. those prices, including oil barrels, change daily.

Norman Bates said:

The price went up due to the insecurity of war or no war.
Don´t believe me? Ask an economist.

thats exactly what i said. the oil traders were unsure if iraq's oil would continue to flow at normal production rates if we had a war. the thought was that we would have a war. not to mention there was a major strike at venezuela's production fields drove prices up.

*** said:
futures are not as liquid as stocks, but still very dynamic. those prices, including oil barrels, change daily.

exactly, the oil companies that have refining and storage capacity is part of the problem. they dont want to store any oil or gasoline(storage means monies are just sitting there), so they buy oil on future contracts. why not buy for six months at a time, then all this bullshit about shortages would be wiped out.

I live at the end of a rather long island - they brainwash us to believe that the gas is 30 cents more per gallon than the western towns 50-60 miles away.

They *tell* us that the gas costs more because it has to travel SO FAR east to get to us.

The truth of the matter is the gas is not driven in from the western part of NY (100 plus miles) - truth is the gas comes from less than 25 miles away on average from a town that is hardly *west* of our towns.

The very DAY the newpapers/media speculated in print that the price of oil and gas would go up - the gas and oil prices skyrocketed with in hours.

Coincidence or just dynamic facts?

:rolleyes:

What I love is how the gas prices along the interstates are so much higher than the prices in town. Then don't forget about the prices along the coast, where the "in season" is about to begin. The prices there will be about 20 cents per gallon more than what we pay inland. :(

Top Bottom