Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why I Hate Squat Suits

I love how the "exceptions" are always used to try and prove a "rule".

There is a HUGE difference between 265 kgs and 400-500kgs as well. Again...not using an "exception" to prove the "rule".

I love how the "exceptions" are always used to try and prove a "rule".

There is a HUGE difference between 265 kgs and 400-500kgs as well. Again...not using an "exception" to prove the "rule".
I'm not sure what you're trying to say.....I mean, Chakarov is by no means abnormal or an "exception" among Oly lifters. You must also keep in mind that squats like the ones Ivan is doing above are not the training focus and are a supplement to help the C&J/snatch. Oly lifters don't care what they squat. Anyway.....the point is just suits, shirts, etc. while helpful in the right situation are by no means a necessity....unless you're a PL'er lifting in an equipped competition.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.....I mean, Chakarov is by no means abnormal or an "exception" among Oly lifters.

:)

I'm by far no beginner when it comes to lifting. I'm a huge fan of Dimas, we all cried when he retired (he writes for a news paper now).

By the same token that you can show someone like Dimas or Chakarov doing a no, no, no squat with INSANE weights is similar to posting up an NBA All-Star as an example of a basketball player and possibly relating to how high a basketball player can jump. You can't use an All-Star as an example.

If you want to use a sample of squatters, let's not use the top .0005% of the squatters in the World as an example. Lets use the top 10% at least and say that a decent squat suit or briefs will help with the protection of the hips in the squat lift. For the majority of HARD squatters (and especially those using a wider stance) a pair of briefs will for sure allow them to squat with intensity for longer periods without injury or hip pains. I hardly ever get hip pains from heavy hard box squats but that is just me and it is rare. (I box squatted an easy 682 a few weeks ago with loose belt only, below depth).

You must also keep in mind that squats like the ones Ivan is doing above are not the training focus and are a supplement to help the C&J/snatch. Oly lifters don't care what they squat. Anyway.....the point is just suits, shirts, etc. while helpful in the right situation are by no means a necessity....unless you're a PL'er lifting in an equipped competition.

Squats are a supplement exercise for my sport as well and I FULLY see your point about suits and shirts. There can be a line between protection and HELP. I'd like to compete in a powerlifting meet in the next year or two and I'll be wearing the MAXIMUM allowed for sure!

Been using the shirted bench press to greatly help my overhead press lately with great results too. Shoulders and chest are not taking a beating and it is frying my triceps!!!!!

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.....I mean, Chakarov is by no means abnormal or an "exception" among Oly lifters. You must also keep in mind that squats like the ones Ivan is doing above are not the training focus and are a supplement to help the C&J/snatch. Oly lifters don't care what they squat. Anyway.....the point is just suits, shirts, etc. while helpful in the right situation are by no means a necessity....unless you're a PL'er lifting in an equipped competition.

You just said yourself that oly lifting and powerlifting are 2 different thing. sure 585lbs is a big squat to most but im powerlifting that is nothing. So i would not consider that a big squat which would "require" a suite. Plus im 99% sure bblazer was referring to powerlifting as thats all he talks about. haha

You just said yourself that oly lifting and powerlifting are 2 different thing. sure 585lbs is a big squat to most but im powerlifting that is nothing. So i would not consider that a big squat which would "require" a suite. Plus im 99% sure bblazer was referring to powerlifting as thats all he talks about. haha

There's other things besides powerlifting?

Why else would you lift weights?

Oh yea, to "tone" and "firm up." I forgot about that.

B-

:)

I'm by far no beginner when it comes to lifting. I'm a huge fan of Dimas, we all cried when he retired (he writes for a news paper now).

By the same token that you can show someone like Dimas or Chakarov doing a no, no, no squat with INSANE weights is similar to posting up an NBA All-Star as an example of a basketball player and possibly relating to how high a basketball player can jump. You can't use an All-Star as an example.

If you want to use a sample of squatters, let's not use the top .0005% of the squatters in the World as an example. Lets use the top 10% at least and say that a decent squat suit or briefs will help with the protection of the hips in the squat lift. For the majority of HARD squatters (and especially those using a wider stance) a pair of briefs will for sure allow them to squat with intensity for longer periods without injury or hip pains. I hardly ever get hip pains from heavy hard box squats but that is just me and it is rare. (I box squatted an easy 682 a few weeks ago with loose belt only, below depth).

Squats are a supplement exercise for my sport as well and I FULLY see your point about suits and shirts. There can be a line between protection and HELP. I'd like to compete in a powerlifting meet in the next year or two and I'll be wearing the MAXIMUM allowed for sure!

Been using the shirted bench press to greatly help my overhead press lately with great results too. Shoulders and chest are not taking a beating and it is frying my triceps!!!!!

You know, I agree with you for the most part, but I've come to believe that most people are capable of similar results as those elites. And yes, this is merely correlative and anecdotal, but it seems like powerlifters - the ones who are most likely to use suits - are the ones who have the most trouble with hip problems. Just makes me wonder how safe powerlifting technique really is.

Considering the ROM, depth, lack of equipment, his bodyweight, the ease at which he doubled the weight, and the fact that that video was 3 days prior to a competition, and I'd consider that a big squat. :cool:

You know, I agree with you for the most part, but I've come to believe that most people are capable of similar results as those elites. And yes, this is merely correlative and anecdotal, but it seems like powerlifters - the ones who are most likely to use suits - are the ones who have the most trouble with hip problems. Just makes me wonder how safe powerlifting technique really is.

I'm another one here who isn't exactly new to PLing, and I know of only one PLer with hip problems. His came after he turned 60 and he needed a hip replacement.

Could you maybe "de-generalize" your statement a bit, and explain what the the hip problems are, who is experiencing them, and why you think they have to do with powerlifting technique?

Thanks!

B-

Well i know that wide stance squatting is used to put more work on the hips opposed to a narrow stance. Could have something to do with it when squatting 7-8-900lbs for years on end. So there is one reason i can see the use for a suit.

Top Bottom