DJ_UFO said:LOL. I forgot. Venezuela. What is that? I mean the word...not the country. Brazil?
bran987 said:uh oh how much cough syrup did you drink
no djufaeioupintoca said:you talking to me??? I had a full beer... :-(
but that shit is true.. I had to learn that as a kid, you know how it goes with traumatic experiences
its Amerigo, not Americo.pintoca said:ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Venezuela means textually "little Venice"...
When Americo Vespuccio was exploring the Country, back in the 15th Century, he stumbled upon indigenous tribes who had their houses built over a lagoon... over poles, this reminded him of Venice, hence the name "Little Venice = Venezuela"
you could do better than ask a native of the Country...
do you have to get into details? We know you just got off school, so everything is still fresh. Give the man some creditSublimeZM said:its Amerigo, not Americo.
and its vespucci, not vespuccio
nice try
i havnt done amerigo vespucci shit since 6th grade.foreigngirl said:do you have to get into details? We know you just got off school, so everything is still fresh. Give the man some credit![]()
SublimeZM said:i havnt done amerigo vespucci shit since 6th grade.
SublimeZM said:its Amerigo, not Americo.
and its vespucci, not vespuccio
nice try
foreigngirl said:for me thats 15 years ago![]()
pintoca said:tsk tsk tsk...
I learned all this in SPANISH... and in spanish, the name, translated, it is Amecico Vespuccio
The original name is in Latin, Americus Vespuco
Sorry Jr, better luck next time.
http://www.artehistoria.com/frames.htm?http://www.artehistoria.com/historia/personajes/6095.htm
dude,pintoca said:tsk tsk tsk...
I learned all this in SPANISH... and in spanish, the name, translated, it is Amecico Vespuccio
The original name is in Latin, Americus Vespuco
Sorry Jr, better luck next time.
http://www.artehistoria.com/frames.htm?http://www.artehistoria.com/historia/personajes/6095.htm
I LOVE DRINKING BEARS!!!DJ_UFO said:Well, despite the details, what Pintoca says is really interesting. I'm pretty sure that kind of little details were the cause of those names.
And yes I'm drinking beer.![]()
Me too, Pabst Blue Ribbon. A fine milwakee ale.DJ_UFO said:Well, despite the details, what Pintoca says is really interesting. I'm pretty sure that kind of little details were the cause of those names.
And yes I'm drinking beer.![]()
DJ_UFO said:LOL. I forgot. Venezuela. What is that? I mean the word...not the country. Brazil?
foreigngirl said:for me thats 15 years ago![]()
jestros said:Me too, Pabst Blue Ribbon. A fine milwakee ale.
Did you know it was selected as americas best in 1893?
~lexy~=easy~Lexy~ said:These names came from the names of people. In the olden days names of people came from the occupations they used to hold or anything peculiar associated with their way of life etc ie Shepherd, Little, Blacksmith...and so on. Some names changed spelling over time may not mean anything now.
This page contains mature content. By continuing, you confirm you are over 18 and agree to our TOS and User Agreement.
Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below 














