Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Who created all these names??

DJ_UFO

Banned
I wonder who, why and what in the world means the names of most of the countries in the world. I mean, Russia. Who created the name Russia? What in the world means Russia?, Why they named it Russia?, What is Mexico? What is Finland? Cuba?

:rolleyes:
 
LOL. I forgot. Venezuela. What is that? I mean the word...not the country ;) . Brazil?
 
why is that when your from finland you are finish or whatever you are but if your from holland your dutch, why not hollish?
 
DJ_UFO said:
LOL. I forgot. Venezuela. What is that? I mean the word...not the country ;) . Brazil?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Venezuela means textually "little Venice"...

When Americo Vespuccio was exploring the Country, back in the 15th Century, he stumbled upon indigenous tribes who had their houses built over a lagoon... over poles, this reminded him of Venice, hence the name "Little Venice = Venezuela"

you could do better than ask a native of the Country...
 
bran987 said:
uh oh how much cough syrup did you drink

you talking to me??? I had a full beer... :-(

but that shit is true.. I had to learn that as a kid, you know how it goes with traumatic experiences
 
pintoca said:
you talking to me??? I had a full beer... :-(

but that shit is true.. I had to learn that as a kid, you know how it goes with traumatic experiences
no djufaeiou
 
pintoca said:
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Venezuela means textually "little Venice"...

When Americo Vespuccio was exploring the Country, back in the 15th Century, he stumbled upon indigenous tribes who had their houses built over a lagoon... over poles, this reminded him of Venice, hence the name "Little Venice = Venezuela"

you could do better than ask a native of the Country...
its Amerigo, not Americo.

and its vespucci, not vespuccio

nice try
 
SublimeZM said:
its Amerigo, not Americo.

and its vespucci, not vespuccio

nice try
do you have to get into details? We know you just got off school, so everything is still fresh. Give the man some credit :)
 
foreigngirl said:
do you have to get into details? We know you just got off school, so everything is still fresh. Give the man some credit :)
i havnt done amerigo vespucci shit since 6th grade.
 
Well, despite the details, what Pintoca says is really interesting. I'm pretty sure that kind of little details were the cause of those names.
And yes I'm drinking beer. ;)
 
DJ_UFO said:
Well, despite the details, what Pintoca says is really interesting. I'm pretty sure that kind of little details were the cause of those names.
And yes I'm drinking beer. ;)
I LOVE DRINKING BEARS!!!
 
DJ_UFO said:
Well, despite the details, what Pintoca says is really interesting. I'm pretty sure that kind of little details were the cause of those names.
And yes I'm drinking beer. ;)
Me too, Pabst Blue Ribbon. A fine milwakee ale.
Did you know it was selected as americas best in 1893?
 
DJ_UFO said:
LOL. I forgot. Venezuela. What is that? I mean the word...not the country ;) . Brazil?

Venezuela gets its name from Venice. As in Venice, Italy. Really.
 
I still wanna know who came up with the name "Camry" and thought it was a good name for a product?
 
These names came from the names of people. In the olden days names of people came from the occupations they used to hold or anything peculiar associated with their way of life etc ie Shepherd, Little, Blacksmith...and so on. Some names changed spelling over time may not mean anything now.
 
foreigngirl said:
for me thats 15 years ago :)

that was last year for sublime.
 
It was God, it's in the bible somewhere, "and on the sixth day God told the angels to go forth and name all the countries they'd created, and the angels did complain because nobody likes working on a Saturday."
 
jestros said:
Me too, Pabst Blue Ribbon. A fine milwakee ale.
Did you know it was selected as americas best in 1893?

That's how it became blue ribbon, it won the blue ribbon at the chicago world fair (i reckon)...before that it was just Pabst
 
~Lexy~ said:
These names came from the names of people. In the olden days names of people came from the occupations they used to hold or anything peculiar associated with their way of life etc ie Shepherd, Little, Blacksmith...and so on. Some names changed spelling over time may not mean anything now.
~lexy~=easy
 
Top Bottom