Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Which Anabolic Protein Bar is the best now

I prefer Nitro-tech bars. 35g of protein, depending on flavor you only get 2-6 impact carbs. Also, they only have 7 g of fat. Pure Protein bars are good too

Here are some of the highest rated protein-value bars:
  • product - protein / carbs / fat / sugar (in grams)
  • ISS Research Pro42 - 42/37/8/1
  • Odyssey Protein 40 - 40/41/11/14
  • MuscleTech Nitro-tech - 35/33/6/3
  • Universal Hi Protein - 34/31/6.5/1
  • Met-Rx Protein Plus - 32/32/9/2
  • EAS Myoplex Sports Bars - 30/51/9/17
If you are looking for a low carb bar then the lowest one available that I know of is BioNutritional Power Crunch Bar but that has 12 grams and only 13 grams of protein. Unfortunately, to get your 30 grams of protein minimum (that you were asking), you are likely looking at a 1:1 ratio with carbs for most of these bars.

I have to agree with Satch and Ross as the protein content of these bars is usually very poor quality and the high fat and sugar content are not what you want to be consuming. While the promotional labels state that the majority of these bars contain Whey Protein Isolate, the ingredient list on the side of each bar clearly shows that it is well down the ingredient list. You will likely find that the primary ingredient is a Whey Blend or Whey Concentrate or Hydrolysed Whey. Depending on the hydrolysation process, the protein can be denatured, resulting in a very low-quality protein source.

You would be better off buying 2 mixing bottles. One wide-mouth bottle for your protein powder and a narrow-mouth bottle for water and use around the gym.

Lexan Water Bottles

I carry two with me. It's quick, you know exactly what you are getting, and it's much cheaper than buying bars.

KP -- Fitness basics

Top Bottom