Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Which Anabolic Protein Bar is the best now

satchboogie said:
i have to agree...
the quality of protein in bars is usually shitty.
i'd love to see a bar made from ultrafiltered whey..

if you cant pack lunch, get some ziploc bags and fill them with powder.

yea i get the top notch protein powders, was getting the best protein bars available but now I think i'll switch back to MORE powder I guess. It sucks, cuz I need something convenient in between the mid afternoon meals every day so its nice to have something quick

www.proteinfactory.com has great protein bars.

Protein Factory's Pulse High Powered Triple Layered Protein Bars, are delicious! These bars contain 22 g protein, 19% whey isolate, 2.5% Whey Peptides and are soy free! These bars were created to have a great tasting bar using as much whey isolate as possible, some hydrolyzed whey for a peptide source, some caseinate for anti-catabolic effect, no soy, and as little hydrolyzed gelatin as possible. Voila, we did it. It was very hard to create a bar without soy, because soy gives the bar its soft texture and keeps it from getting as hard as a rock. We used the hydrolyzed gelatin, but at only 2.5%.

Ingredients: Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Sodium Caseinate, Hydrolyzed Gelatin), Milk Chocolate Flavored Coating: [Sugar, Palm Kernel Oil, Non-fat Dry Milk Solids, Cocoa Powder, Soya Lecithin (an emulsifier), Salt and Natural Flavors], Glycerine, Maltitol Syrup, Peanuts, Water, Sorbitol, Canola Oil, High Fructose Corn Syrups, Peanut Butter Sessions (Roasted Peanuts, Dextrose, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, and Salt, Lactitol, Palm Kernel Oil, N&A Flavore, Maltodextrin, Table Salt, Soya Lecithin, Sucralose, Potassium Sorbate

Calories 320 Calories from Fat 100

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 12 g 17%

Saturated Fat 4 g 21%

Cholesterol 10 mg 3%

Sodium 570 mg 24%

Total Carbohydrate 35 g 10%

Dietary Fiber < 1g 3%

Sugars 10 g %

Protein 22 g

Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 80% Iron 6%

Im sure there may be better ones out there but they work for me.

A roast beef sandwich whether you pack in the AM or whenver sounds ideal BUT a protein bar is way more convenient. Let's say you're out on the road all day, no office, no fridge, the bar wouldn't spoil in the car but the sandwhich could. People need to know that some others can't afford to be home all day, or have certain conveniences that others have. I believe that a protein bar is better than nothing and I agree with satch that they are not great in comparison to other forms of protein, but they do the job if you absolutely must.

nomad12 said:
www.proteinfactory.com has great protein bars.

Protein Factory's Pulse High Powered Triple Layered Protein Bars, are delicious! These bars contain 22 g protein, 19% whey isolate, 2.5% Whey Peptides and are soy free! These bars were created to have a great tasting bar using as much whey isolate as possible, some hydrolyzed whey for a peptide source, some caseinate for anti-catabolic effect, no soy, and as little hydrolyzed gelatin as possible. Voila, we did it. It was very hard to create a bar without soy, because soy gives the bar its soft texture and keeps it from getting as hard as a rock. We used the hydrolyzed gelatin, but at only 2.5%.

Ingredients: Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Sodium Caseinate, Hydrolyzed Gelatin), Milk Chocolate Flavored Coating: [Sugar, Palm Kernel Oil, Non-fat Dry Milk Solids, Cocoa Powder, Soya Lecithin (an emulsifier), Salt and Natural Flavors], Glycerine, Maltitol Syrup, Peanuts, Water, Sorbitol, Canola Oil, High Fructose Corn Syrups, Peanut Butter Sessions (Roasted Peanuts, Dextrose, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, and Salt, Lactitol, Palm Kernel Oil, N&A Flavore, Maltodextrin, Table Salt, Soya Lecithin, Sucralose, Potassium Sorbate

Calories 320 Calories from Fat 100

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 12 g 17%

Saturated Fat 4 g 21%

Cholesterol 10 mg 3%

Sodium 570 mg 24%

Total Carbohydrate 35 g 10%

Dietary Fiber < 1g 3%

Sugars 10 g %

Protein 22 g

Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 80% Iron 6%

Im sure there may be better ones out there but they work for me.

yea that's not enough protein, too much fat, too many sugars and carbs in general...I'm looking for a 30g+ Protein low fat almost 0 carbs

We all know that bars are not the best source of protien, however, they are very convenient. Like buying something at a 7-11, it's more expensive, but will save time. I like D-tours myself. You can find some on e-bay for cheap at times that are out of date. As long as you're using the convenient excuse you may as well buy cheap and it's better than getting a Snickers after lifting when you're late for work and can't make a shake because you woke up too late because your girlfriend was frienly last night so you stayed up too late for the fun cardio with her but you were really picturing her best friend at the time which made you feel guilty that made you stay up even later and not resting enough because your best friend has a girl you would rather have and he is supposed to meet you at the gym in the am to lift but he never shows up in time and now it's time for your six'd meal of the day but you have no time to go to the store but you have a protien bar in the fridge that you bought really cheap from a doorknob on ebay so you grab it on the way out the door.... etc.

proken said:
We all know that bars are not the best source of protien, however, they are very convenient. Like buying something at a 7-11, it's more expensive, but will save time. I like D-tours myself. You can find some on e-bay for cheap at times that are out of date. As long as you're using the convenient excuse you may as well buy cheap and it's better than getting a Snickers after lifting when you're late for work and can't make a shake because you woke up too late because your girlfriend was frienly last night so you stayed up too late for the fun cardio with her but you were really picturing her best friend at the time which made you feel guilty that made you stay up even later and not resting enough because your best friend has a girl you would rather have and he is supposed to meet you at the gym in the am to lift but he never shows up in time and now it's time for your six'd meal of the day but you have no time to go to the store but you have a protien bar in the fridge that you bought really cheap from a doorknob on ebay so you grab it on the way out the door.... etc.

6 posts since '01 :worried:

Yo I'm not looking for a candy bar...no gelatin, preferably one of the most expensive top notch bars ones that even the pros would resort to in an emergency

satchboogie said:
i have to agree...
the quality of protein in bars is usually shitty.
i'd love to see a bar made from ultrafiltered whey..

if you cant pack lunch, get some ziploc bags and fill them with powder.

powder what ??? :p

proken said:
Now THAT'S what I call a run-on sentence!

Top Bottom