Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whey protein, is this true?

Simply not true. I like Die Faster's shake of blendin up your whey with some oatmeal and milk, I do this as well, but usually throw in a banana. Weight gainers are usually very high in carbs, but look at the label, 99% of those carbs are sugar. Waste of money indeed

Simply not true. I like Die Faster's shake of blendin up your whey with some oatmeal and milk, I do this as well, but usually throw in a banana. Weight gainers are usually very high in carbs, but look at the label, 99% of those carbs are sugar. Waste of money indeed

yeah def. and besides all the obvious reasons all that sugars no good for you, it also dulls your insulin response so when you take your dextrose post workout, youre not even getting the full effect you could be.

i like throwing a banana in there, esp with ice. i usually use unflavored protein but im really digging cinnamin whey to build it goes so perfect with the oats

I only put a little bit of milk for thickness, but not much at all. Along with what others stated throw in some natural PB for your essential fat intake and it also increases flavor.

I only put a little bit of milk for thickness, but not much at all. Along with what others stated throw in some natural PB for your essential fat intake and it also increases flavor.

Ya I like this. If you use ONLY milk it can get pretty thick. I will try the PB thing, I love anything PB.

Not 100% sure if this has any science behind it, but I also feel fats help you absorb nutrients better as it slows down digestion rate. Basically because I can almost FEEL a water and whey shake pass through me, I blame it on the lack of fat.

Ive been on a few different gainers and never had good results but thats nothing at all to do with the sups it was down to my lack of discipline with my diet. Theyre high in calories but alot of them are just empty calories and sugar. Id much rather use the recipe posted here than a weight gainer in the future or maybe even use both together for a post work out drink.

obviously he was exxagerating... however its obvious REAL FOOD > whey protein anyday. a lot of whey products out there are made from the cheapest ingredients you can imagine, and then on top of it they add sugar to it to make it taste good.

At work today, I purchased a weight gainer, and a friend of mine said "I don't take them, they are all a waste of money".

So I said fair enough, and asked him why he thought this.

His reply was "because your body only absorbs 10% of your liquid intake".

Now I don't know alot about science, but does anybody know this to be the case, and if it applies to whey protein etc?

Your friend is lending poor advice. Whey shakes, whey gainers, etc.. can all be real effective in building muscle and losing fat
whn used in conjuction with a solid food diet and a dedicated weight training program.

lol.. but to each his own.. i work with patients that get put on liquid diets all the time.. some of them have no problem gaining weight..

If this was true, imagine the amount of water one would have to drink on a daily basis. I'm almost done with an anatomy course in college and we just learned about the digestive system and I can tell you, your friend is definitely full of it.

Agreed, as a Biochem major, from what I've learned so far the digestive system doesn't seem to work that way.

Top Bottom