Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whey protein, is this true?

At work today, I purchased a weight gainer, and a friend of mine said "I don't take them, they are all a waste of money".

So I said fair enough, and asked him why he thought this.

His reply was "because your body only absorbs 10% of your liquid intake".

Now I don't know alot about science, but does anybody know this to be the case, and if it applies to whey protein etc?

even the food you eat is usually mostly liquid. dont worry about it. if you want a really good weight gainer shake, what i do is blend a cup and a half of oats with a scoop of whey and 2 and a half cups whole milk. over 1000 quality cals, and 60 something grams of protein

At work today, I purchased a weight gainer, and a friend of mine said "I don't take them, they are all a waste of money".

So I said fair enough, and asked him why he thought this.

His reply was "because your body only absorbs 10% of your liquid intake".

Now I don't know alot about science, but does anybody know this to be the case, and if it applies to whey protein etc?

That's bullshit. A liquid diet is superior in some regards as you can eat more and it's more easily digested than solids. I would never recommend a protein shake over a steak, but what he said is simply untrue.

If this was true, imagine the amount of water one would have to drink on a daily basis. I'm almost done with an anatomy course in college and we just learned about the digestive system and I can tell you, your friend is definitely full of it.

for some reason i believe his elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor!

Sounds like recycled bro-science... Meh.. take it all in stride..

Top Bottom