Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

When pregnant, how much

myway

Banned
To the ladies who have been pregnant, how much did you work out and about how much weight did you gain?
I'm usually not much of a weight lifter, do more running, pushups, other stuff without weights. Stoppe running outside because it's summer and I'm almost 6 months. It's just 2damned hot outside. Now, usually do a lot of fast, incline walking indoors. It's just nutz because before I was pregnant, a good workout made me feel really good. It was a great way to start my day. Now, if I do any kind of workout, I'M EXHAUSTED! Plus, I don't do nearly as much as before. I'm not trying to sound like a dumb ass. I understand that being pregnant changes these things BUT GEEEEZ! I'm kinda feeling like an orka whale.
I'm not pigging out on junk and my doc says my health is fine, so I know i'm not having any "health" problems to cause me trouble. Did anyone else go through the same thing? Do I need to just find a way to be more motivated or is this all sounding somewhat normal?

Sounds normal. I worked out through my entire 1st trimester, then was EXHAUSTED in the 2nd trimester, then in the 3rd trimester developed walking pneumonia and had to stop working out.

Your blood volume has about tripled and every organ is stressed trying to support life. The baby is getting EVERYTHING first - and you are a distant second. So all calories, nurtients, vitamins, minerals, etc are going to the BABY and you get the leftovers. So if you are deficient, or even LOW in ANYTHING - that is another reason for being so tired and crappy feeling.

I gained 27 lbs, but I also started about 15-20lbs heavier than ideal. I was overall happy with my weight gain, I wanted to stay under 30lbs. For me, even with a small weight gain, the post-pregnancy weightloss and recovery has been AWFUL. My "baby" is 19 months olf and things STILL are not functioning like they were pre-pregnancy. I actually think I am going to request a full homrone panel done at my next doctor visit - I think my hormones are still whacked out badly.

Thanx, daisy. That sounds about like me with the 2nd trimester fatigue. Plus, my weight gain is looking to be about the same. I guess I need to just feel like crap for a bit. O-well. It's worth it.

Top Bottom