Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What's your take on drug addicts?

I like drug addicts. They reduce competition for the rest of us.

I have extreme pity for addict types. Whenever I see a junkie/crackhead/wino type, I can't help but think about their family, what they were like as kids, what potential they have wasted, opportunity they have missed. If they had been born into a diffrent time/place, I wonder how much different their lives could have been...

AAP wrote "With extreme prejudice and disgust"

Kind of ironic, considering many would view your gay lifestlye with extreme prejudice and disgust. When you point your finger, three point back at you...

Gambino said:

Kind of ironic, considering many would view your gay lifestlye with extreme prejudice and disgust. When you point your finger, three point back at you...
There is no relation.

I doubt that aap had any control about his sexuality while people do have control over their drug usage.

My thought is that we all have our own messes. Who am I to judge anyone else when I've gotten myself into some seriously screwed up situations too? There have been times when I've managed to put myself into hell and nobody could get me out of it. Help was available. I wasn't in a sane or reasonable state of mind. It just took a loooong time to get myself together.

Gambino said:

I wrote that? Show me where I wrote that.

All I see is me quoting someone. Which between the poster and I, you would have no privy of a clue to why that was quoted.

Deus Ex Machina said:
I realized that people like her have no will power to break out of their stasis of drug abuse. Help programs, which are under disguise of rehabilitation, are futile and waste money -- something that everyone knows, but does not want to admit.

Although I think most drug addicts are lost causes, I do believe that some with enough will power eventually break out of their habits.

Overall thats a very deterministic outlook on things. I am curious if junkies do not have the power to break out of their 'stasis' and help programs are futile, how does a junkie ever come clean?

I know that as far as correlations go, not too many junkies break the habits on their own or are successful at rehab, but this does not mean that attempts on either part are futile.

I hate to sound so negative, but get rid of all Gov. programs that help them and let them deal with it themselves. Serves them right for getting to that point. There ya go Bush, a couple of programs that you can cut

Whiskey

They need to learn the phrase "mind over matter", and apply it.

Top Bottom