Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whats Your Opinion on Belts?

Do you use a lifting belt?

• Yes

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 41.7%

• Total voters
I don't like wearing a belt...feels very uncomfortable to me.

Plus, I train my core to be strong so I don't really "need" one..

I train my core to be strong too, and belts feel uncomfortable and restricting so I dont wear them.

BUT pretty much all the top guys in powerlifting, and the strongest guys on here wear them...

I don't feel I need to wear one...but I'm not deadlifting or squating 500+ lbs either. I'm sure they serve their purpose for some.

I go with a minimal approach. For the most part, I don't use anything until I get to roughly 80% 1RM. Then if it is squats, I use a Rehband belt.

I have started using a spud belt when I get in the high end of my deads as well.

When I am at 800 on a yoke, or over 300 on farmers, I put the spud belt over the Rehband, but then I am using everything as a safety system since I am running with those, and more prone to injury.

B-

I wear one for all standing lifts, and even some seated lifting where my back is arched or under a load (particularly preacher curls). I have a bad back, and it's not worth the risk to me, to go without every precaution I know of. I don't care if people make fun... I'm more concerned with not making my back worse than other peoples' opinions. I can feel my lower back trying to pop out if I don't wear a belt, and I don't like having to lie on my stomach for a month, popping pills, and needing help to stand up to go to the bathroom!

Charles

my lower back/core dosnt need the support on lower/lighter volumes... even 80% deadlifts are OK...
but i need it to get through smolov... my back would be on fire from the pump if i didnt...

belts are uncomfortable at first... they need to be broken in to mold to your body... it can take a while...

You're a powerlifter right? Well put it this way, a belt adds about 10kg to my squat (that said, everybody is different of course). If you're competing I would suggest it is essential because everybody will be wearing one and it is the one bit of kit that is allowed in raw meets that actually adds to your lift. But as some have suggested I only use a belt for anything more than 80-85% on my squat, and for deadlift singles. I don't use one for anything else.

After I bought mine I would use it on all top sets of squats and deadlifts. Now for 3 months I havent, and just yesterday being home and all I gave it a go. I really do like it for maximal sets, it just makes your whole lower back secure, assuming you have a good one.

Top Bottom