Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What's your Favorite Mass Building Routine?

Here's one I'm going to run when I'm done with my 5/3/1 for 6-8 weeks. It's combo of GVT 10*10, and 8*8 with some speed sets. 30-60 sec rests on speed sets and 60 sec rest on 10*10and 8*8 sets.

Day1. Chest/Back/Tri

A. Incline DB press- 10*10 (60sec rest, weight light enough to do a set of 20)
B. Flat bench- 10*3(speed set, moderate weight 60-70%)
C. Bent over row- 10*3(speed set,moderate weight)
D. WG Lat pulldown- 8*8(60sec rest, weight light enough to do 1 set of 20)
E. BW dips-3*f
F. Tri ext.-3*f

Day2 legs/bis/traps

A. Squats-10*10 (60sec rest, weight light enough to do a set of 20)
B. Goodmorning-5*10(moderate weight)
C. Leg press- 3*F
D. Upright row- 8*8 (60sec rest, weight light enough to do a set of 20)
E. DB shrug-3*F
F. Hammer curl- 3*F
G. DB curls- 3*F

Day3 OFF

Day4 Chest/Shoulder/Tris

A. Standing shoulder press-10*10 (60sec rest, weight light enough to do a set of 20)
B. Incline Bench- 10*3(speed set,moderate weight)
C. DB Flys- 8*8 (60sec rest, weight light enough to do a set of 20).
D. DB raises-3*10
E. Close grip bench-3*F

Day5 Leg/Back/Bis

A. Deadlift-10*10 (60sec rest, weight light enough to do a set of 20)
B. Stiff leg Deadlift- 5*10(moderate weight)
C. Pullups WG/NG- 10*?
D. Kroc rows- 5*10(moderate weight)
E. Hammer curl- 3*F
F. BB curl- 3*F

Day6- OFF
Day7- OFF

From My Droid!

Bro you really get mass from this? Just looks like a hell of a lot of volume for mass. But if it works then more power to you man.

Bro you really get mass from this? Just looks like a hell of a lot of volume for mass. But if it works then more power to you man.

Yeah coming off a 10 week strength routine. Been reading a bunch of stuff from Charles Poliquin and others to cycle between strength and volume but for only about 6 weeks(GVT). Also Vince Gironda stated that periods of high volume training would help achieve maximum muscle growth quickly(not strength though) and came up with the 8*8 system. And then another body( forget who now) trained only 2/3 exercises per body part but to failure every set. So I mixed them up into a routine which is actually lighter than some I've looked at(because I think they are designed to be done on cycle). Haven't done it before but I am going to give it a shot after I'm done with my 5/3/1(first time trying it and enjoyed). I've done the SL5*5 before and liked it a lot just moving along. I plan on trying everything(that seems creditable) at least once, and figure what works best. I would love to try Olympic lift routines also for awhile, but the only one is out of town about 40 min away but its ran by Gayle Hatch and is supposed to be top notch. Never know until you try.

From My Droid!

Sounds good bro. Go for it, you just never know till you try it out and see how it works for your bod.
K to you bro!

Top Bottom