Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What's the most important aspect of any workout program?

as ive got older , im 36, ive found that missing the odd day is not the worst thing u can do. in fact it often results in an extra rep or 2.

so watch the over training, and for christ sake get some sleep 6 1/2 hours a night is not enough. take naps if u have to.

You definitely need more sleep. Try 9 hours a night for a while. If you can't do that, then throw a nap in during the day but as is you're really hurting your potential gains IMO. Also, and this isn't meant in a negative way at all, but
soar=gliding through the air
sore=ache from some strenuous activity
:)

Intensity and Commitment. The other things you listed are all complimentary. Without sleep, without diet, without workouts u won't grow.

How would I know?

Is there a way one might be able to recognize if he is overtraining? I know everyone is different and respond differently to different schedules, but are there some telltale signs that might point to overtraining?

Joker47

I don't think there's any way you can rank diet, sleep and and training, as if one is more important than the others. If any of these components are missing, the others are completely useless. You can't make up for a crappy diet by training harder or sleeping more, can't make up for lack of sleep by eating more, etc.

Gear and supplements go together; gear is just another supplement. These don't even compare to diet, sleep and training in importance. You don't need any of them, they're just extras you can add when your house is in order.

The most important thing is the proper frame of mind. If you have that, the rest will fall into place. If not, then no diet plan or training schedule will help you reach your goals, you'll fall along the way.

Rhino

Joker47,
For me overtraining results in hitting a brick wall in terms of strength and gains sometimes I will even begin to lose some strength. Additionally I notice a loss of appetite, loss of energy, and loss of motivation. I am also much more prone to injury when I am overtrained...

Banshee,
Thanks. That's good information to remember. Appreciate the feedback.

Anyone else have input as to what they have felt/learned/experienced?

Joker47

Top Bottom