Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What rep range do you train in?

• Total voters
Nelson Montana said:
All of the above. Mostly 10.

Low heavy reps builf the fast twitch fibers and higher reps build mitochondrea and slow red fibers. You need both for maximum growth.

U really think so? I've always been under the impression that you've gotta choose one or the other for whatever your goals are. Yeah it would be great if we could all have maximum strenth in both but high reps low weights will cause to much excessive stress on the larger muscle fibers which we focus on to bulk (Aerobic activity) - instead of short blasts of extreme stress. I'm getting this from the documents on HIT .

On my main compound movements I stick to 5x5 right now. This includes DL, Squat, Cleans, Bench, OHP, Row, and Pullup. For most ancillary work I stick around 10-12 reps per set, 3 sets. This includes any direct tri and bi work, Rotator cuff, ab work, calves, and the occasional sets of flyes.

nolimitxxx said:
U really think so? I've always been under the impression that you've gotta choose one or the other for whatever your goals are. Yeah it would be great if we could all have maximum strenth in both but high reps low weights will cause to much excessive stress on the larger muscle fibers which we focus on to bulk (Aerobic activity) - instead of short blasts of extreme stress. I'm getting this from the documents on HIT .
strength and hypertrophy are complimentary and it's IMPOSSIBLE to have everything nice and well defined - like 1 rep for strength and 10 for hypertrophy. there are too many grey areas. so to maximize gains for the average guy with average genetics who's natty or at best on moderate doses of AAS, it's important to get a bit of everything.

my suggestion is to stay away from HIT (mike mentzer's i'm assuming?). it's a pile of horse shit.

nolimitxxx said:

2 warm up sets of 15, or however many I feel are needed.
Then I will do 12, this helps me prepare for the heavy weight (mental thing) add weight and 6 - 8

I often do 1 rep power cleans for 100 sets with a short pause between sets, or is that 100 reps for 1 set with a long pause between each rep?

Top Bottom