Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What is the best cardio for fat loss??? Please help me.

S

solidj55

What is the best cardio for fat loss??? I have read that walking on a treadmill at about 3-4mph at an incline is best for fat loss. I have also heard that intense sprinting type routines are best(for example Gorrilla Cardio-4min jog 70%of top speed, 8x20second sprints 100% of top speed with 10second rest between them,2min jog 70%of top speed). Then there is all the Elliptical Trainers, Stationary Bikes, and blah blah blah blah. I am converting from powerlifting and I want to shed this fucking gut I have. Im cut up everywhere else but need to shed the pot belly. I know how to diet and manipulate my weight and fat but Im going to need some cardio to stimulate some more fat loss on the abs. MY MAIN CONCERN IS MAINTAINING AS MUCH STRENGTH AS POSSIBLE WHILE CUTTING FAT. I just hit an all time strength high for me and I do not want to lose too much strength. Any ideas guys or gals??? I lift Monday/Wednesday/Friday(Im very oldschool lol). My diet is about 250g/day of Protein, 25g/day of Fat, and probably around 200g of Carbs. I know that Ill have to cut the carbs, believe me I know. I weigh 186lbs, 5'5" tall, and about 12% or 15% or so bodyfat. All of my fat like I said is on my abs and love handles. My overall bodyfat is good its just my poor genetics I guess. So what kind of cardio do you guys recomend?? IM not looking for 3%BF in 12 weeks or anything, I just want to be around 8-10%BF by Summer time, by about June or so. I want to look decent for the summer then Ill bulk back up. I dont need to lose it fast, I would just rather lose it gradually and the MOST IMPORTANT THING, MAINTAIN MY STRENGTH LOL!!!

If you want some cardio excersise that is cool to do and at the same time burns a lot of calories while keeping your muscle, try starting with sports like brazilian ju jutsu, shootfighting or similar sports. Have you seen the physique of those professional guys (Sherdog) ? I practise bjj and my sweat is pouring more than in any other sport I have done. I don't know how many calories you burn, but it's probably much + the sport should be excelent for a guy with explosive strength, like you.

Thanks for the replys guys.

evenlu-I live in bumfuct redneck hillbilly central, we dont have any thing but Karate here lol.

Diamonddiceclay-An hour a day 6 days a week of cardio??? That sounds like a huge drop in strength and muscle size for someone who doesnt use steroids like myself. Strength maintanance is my main concern other that losing the fat. Thanks for the suggestion but the thoughts of that kind of scare me.

solidj55 said:
Thanks for the replys guys.

evenlu-I live in bumfuct redneck hillbilly central, we dont have any thing but Karate here lol.

Diamonddiceclay-An hour a day 6 days a week of cardio??? That sounds like a huge drop in strength and muscle size for someone who doesnt use steroids like myself. Strength maintanance is my main concern other that losing the fat. Thanks for the suggestion but the thoughts of that kind of scare me.
I'm not currently on roids and I'm doing 6days for an hour with no muscle loss-just eat high protein and you'll keep muscle

Ok two question, One- what about strength loss? I want to keep my strength more than anything. Two-would walking on a treadmill at about 3-4mph at a decent incline be adequate cardio for this or should I pick up the pace? Ive heard if your out of breath your working cardiovascular more than the target fat burning zone.

Oh yea I forgot to tell you thanks for all your help Diamond.

Everything I have read is geared toward high intensity for a short duration. You can do a cardio workout at a medium pace all day long if you want, but as soon as you step off the treadmill your heart rate will return to normal. A series of high intensity cycles like the Geurilla Cardio you mentioned will really spool up your metabolism and (here is the key) keep your system burning calories at a higher rate for hours after you have finished. The key is not to sacrifice intensity for endurance. When you do those sprints, be it on the track, treadmill, stairstepper or whatever, it should feel like there is an alien trying burst out of your chest!

I do high intensity cardio workouts three or more days per week now and it makes a huge difference. I backed off for a few months late last year as I trained to run a marathon and actually gained weight (read that as body fat) even though I ate well and ran 25-45 miles each week!

Barry

Last edited:
Top Bottom