Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what happens if u dont eat carbs post workout?

im cutting and eat only oatmeal as my carb in the morning..thats 20 grams...after weights can i have 30 grams of carbs like sweettarts and whey 20grams? and still lose fat?

not only are you hampering you bodys ability to replenish glycogen stores but a diet that low in carbs in just plan unhealthy.

FitnessFrk said:
not only are you hampering you bodys ability to replenish glycogen stores but a diet that low in carbs in just plan unhealthy.

WHAT?

Do read any medical studies out there? Do some research when on your on the Inet next time! "God must love stupid people cuz he sure made a lot of you!"

Missyd143, I wouldn't hardley any carbs exect after workouts. When you work out (morning, noon, night)??? I would do this eat like 3 grams of carbs until you workout per meal, then eat quad that right after a workout, then 1 hour later double that, and about 2.5 hours later bring it down to you post workout carb hit. Try staying away from carbs before bed again.

Well not only do I have a degree in Kinesiology but I regularly attend seminars on sports nutrition and human performance.

You are a complete jackass if you think eating 20 grams of carbs a day is healthy. If you follow the same diet, have fun getting sick all the time !

FitnessFrk said:
Well not only do I have a degree in Kinesiology but I regularly attend seminars on sports nutrition and human performance.

You are a complete jackass if you think eating 20 grams of carbs a day is healthy. If you follow the same diet, have fun getting sick all the time !

I would never say eat 20 carbs a day, my post never mentions that! It's all proportional to your Lean Muscle Mass. Nor would I recommend ANYONE low carbing longer than 4/6 weeks. Cutting is valuable phass and when you lower your carbs you have intake more protein and fat, but I am sure you knew that since you have a degree in Kinesiology right ;-)

I trust none of clinical studies have no bases then...interesting. I guess the whole world of bodybuilding is wrong, go figure huh!

WHATEVER! If one chooses to not educate himself then it is no concern of mine. I am only giving advice, not laying out nutrtion programs.

If you look at the question that missy posted she states that she only eats 20 grams of carbs a day and is wondering if an additional 30 post workout will hamper fat loss. Of course it won't, no matter how much lean muscle mass a person has. 30 grams of simple carbs is a minute amount unless you are 1 foot tall and weigh 20 lbs. Those 30 grams of simple carbohydrates will be used to replenish glycogen, end of story.

There is no reason for carb intake to be so low. There is no reason to deprive the body of such an essential nutrient such as carbohydrates. Homeostasis CAN NOT be maintained on such a low intake of carbohydrates, especially for someone who participates in a strenuous athletic event like weight training.

It is plain and simple, such extreme diet practices are unhealthy and unnecessary. If you actually knew anything about sports nutrition and human performance you would know that a balanced diet of protein, complex low GI/GR carbs and good fats is the healthiest method for CONTINUED positive athletic performance and fat loss.

You can lose body fat using a 30/50/20 if the majority (85%) of carbs are complex low GI/GR. You can train the body to use less glycogen during exercise and a higher percentage of body fat.

Your ignorant comment regarding the world of bodybuilding being wrong is to funny. Anyone with 1/2 a brain knows there are a plethora of unhealthy dieting practices in the world of bodybuilding. Why follow them if you are not a competitor, will never set foot on a stage and have nothing to gain financially by putting undue stress on your body.

For the majority of us, the point of weight training and eating healthy is to improve the quality of life, not to torture oneself to lose a little more body fat a little faster.

Get my drift...

I understand better what you mean, however I you can can do it on a say 60/20/20 or variation of it. The undo torture is not longer term, just a short 4 weeks to "cut" Then you go back to feeding the muscle. I hear your point...and if one had the right metabolism maybe your program would work. I disagree with it and I will leave it at that....anyone on the board can follow whatever diet they want...it's there choice, there body.

Top Bottom