Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what happens if u dont eat carbs post workout?

what do you guys take pre-workout ?

i know your supposed to take carbs/protein but from what sources, dextrose and whey? i know post workout dextrose and whey is great.

choice 1: I eat something solid, high in carbs and moderate protein, 1 hour before.

option 2 is milk w/ cassein and flax half hour before.

Ingesting carbohydrates after a workout is essential. If you're not, your body will be forced to utilize muscle as a source of fuel.
Ingesting high glycemic carbohydrates post workout will allow you to jump start glycogen synthesis, restoring the glycogen that's been drained from your workout. Along with that, the high blood-glucose level will allow for an insulin release, acting as a nutrient shuttler to your muscle cells.
Ingesting protein workout is just as important, or else you won't begin protein synthesis, and recovery will be a slow process.
That post workout shake or meal is essential to recovery and growth!!!!

I like ANthrax's comments

They reason to carbs post workout is to spike insulin, but it depends on your goals. You trying to cut up, grow mass, what? Your DIET is the KEY!

well wut if cutting and eating low carbs every day? what is better to have ,,oatmealw/ whey... sugar> or just whey? well i know people that are cutting and say it is necessary to have dextrose after weights if your dont want to lose muscle do to the low carbs your are currently consuming..

Low carbs after you workout

Well I would stay away from oatmeal and sugar in the morning, stay LOW if cutting...just whey or a Meal replacement. After the workout is key to have carbs, you have to get the insilin up. I would take your highest amount of carbs after your workout, but break it up say 25-50-25 (immediatley-1hour after-3hours after) or something like that. Carbs at bedtime are a NO NO!

so i mean eat just oatmeal after weights w/whey or whey w/dextrose....im eating fairly low carbs but what about fat intake while low carbing..increase it/?

Your fat intake should be the same as your carb intake roughly. Say you weigh 150lbs well if your cutting I would teast your BF and find your lean muscle % then take that amount and time it by .3 or .35 and youd get you carba nd fat intake on your maintance days, when training bump you carbs to times .5 and leave the fat the same. That's what I do..and like I said before more carbs after workout and less/non B4 bed.

carbs are stored as glycogen in two places in the body.
1.in muscle for quick anerobic fuel source
2. 85% of glycogen is stored in the liver

if your stores of glycogen are compeletly gone...you die. your brain and nervous system run on carbs. The only way to burn stored carbs as energy is through glycolosis- anerobic exercise. When you jog on a tredmil-the first 2 minutes relies on carbs as fuel source. After that you start to shift into fat metabolism. This is one of the biggest misconceptions of this board. Your body doesn't function on carbs and when it runs out starts on fat. This is a myth. to tell if you are doing anerobic or aerobic activity...this depends on how much oxyegen you are using effectivly. There is something called a rq level (respiratory quoteint)- normally as we are walking around at rest it is at .70-indicating fat as the major fuel source- when we are sprinting it may go up to 1.0 and that will indicate carbs as a primary fuel source.
-exercise physiology, Illinois state university

i would love to argue this point further if someone wants to

Eating carbs after workout is ideal- carbs are muscle sparing, afterexercise you are more depleted than at rest(not fully depleted) it makes sense to injest carbs after exercise.

Top Bottom