Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What got you into bodybuilding? Post your story!

S

SSAlexSS

Hello all!

What got you into lifting? What mistakes did you make first, how did you correct them? What are your goals in bodybuilding?

reply please!

str8 up, last year i found some weights in my house and just started doing 'em ..also it was something to do while i listened to my music ,cause i dont watch much t.v at all..But also cause i was and still am a big Hulk Hogan fan and i would like to get to his level some day(how he was in the '80s).but now i am hooked cause i have the results.I dident really make any mistakes -well not yet. :D

Heres my story:

I have been fat all my life. I wanted to lose weight so i took up weightlifting.
Ended up in hospital a couple of times which stopped me from lifting.(the "accidents" were tottaly unrelated to weightlifting)

I almost gave up. was so down i nearly stopped my whole life in general. My girlfriend broke up with me(unrelated reasons).
I CRRRRRAAACCKKED and hit the gym like a maniac. working out soviet style......smashing overtraning myths(or undereating myths as i like to call them) just to get revenge on her (its so mean and petty i know. But it made it easier for me to handle.......escpecially cause she started to put on weight. now she is spreading storys about my steroid abuse (what steroid abuse????? i dont use drugs or supplements))

Regained strength in all the parts of my body that lost size due to major injury.

I used to train to get revenge on society and all the people that beat me up when i was a kid. All people that beat me up are now: fat, married to someone they dont like, unemployed or pushing shopping trollies, in prison, unfit.

I laugh in their faces everyday. I am the monster they have created.

I have put that childish nature behind me.

I now train the get as big as i can......because i love the sport and i like the feel of having muscles. I love being strong, i like breaking personal records, i like challenging myself, i like helping people out. I like being looked at. I like being not laughed at, i like not having to be a clown so people like me. I like standing tall and straight. I feel like a real man now.

as you can see my reasons have changed Although i like the pump you get in the gym when you are fueled by revenge......but its not the way to be.

endpoint said:
Heres my story:

I have been fat all my life. I wanted to lose weight so i took up weightlifting.
Ended up in hospital a couple of times which stopped me from lifting.(the "accidents" were tottaly unrelated to weightlifting)

I almost gave up. was so down i nearly stopped my whole life in general. My girlfriend broke up with me(unrelated reasons).
I CRRRRRAAACCKKED and hit the gym like a maniac. working out soviet style......smashing overtraning myths(or undereating myths as i like to call them) just to get revenge on her (its so mean and petty i know. But it made it easier for me to handle.......escpecially cause she started to put on weight. now she is spreading storys about my steroid abuse (what steroid abuse????? i dont use drugs or supplements))

Regained strength in all the parts of my body that lost size due to major injury.

I used to train to get revenge on society and all the people that beat me up when i was a kid. All people that beat me up are now: fat, married to someone they dont like, unemployed or pushing shopping trollies, in prison, unfit.

I laugh in their faces everyday. I am the monster they have created.

I have put that childish nature behind me.

I now train the get as big as i can......because i love the sport and i like the feel of having muscles. I love being strong, i like breaking personal records, i like challenging myself, i like helping people out. I like being looked at. I like being not laughed at, i like not having to be a clown so people like me. I like standing tall and straight. I feel like a real man now.

as you can see my reasons have changed Although i like the pump you get in the gym when you are fueled by revenge......but its not the way to be.

Interesting story!

Thanks for sharing it with us! Revenge is surely a powerful motive!

Girls straight and simple,

Was this one I could never work up the nerve to ask out, we got along great, but............. couldn't do it.
Didn't see how I would attract her, didn't blame her if that was the case I was a skinny bitch.

Now, I won't miss my chance on the next one. which is good, the hard part is turning now all the chicks who think there hot, but arn't. Its not like you can just say you've got a GF or you could fuck up you chances somewhere down the road. All you can say is, not my type when you'd rather be saying hit the gym you fat fuck. of course that makes you "Insensitive" or a "jerk" and that could hurt you later on too. BAH its constructive criticism god damnit!

Firstly, I don't consider myself a 'bodybuilder' mainly because my goals are not to make my body larger or heavier, but they are to make my body, better, fitter, stronger and more functional. I guess the term 'body-improver' would be more adequate.

What got me into weight training was the physique and ability of a man by the name of "Bruce Lee". As a martial artist I am very much in awe of his ability and strength that he gained from martial arts and from weight training.

What many people don't know is that Bruce Lee also used anabolic steroids. I personally don't plan to go that far, but I figure even if I can achieve half as good a physique it would be pretty damn awesome.

hardgainer (still hard and still gaining)

I dont really remember all that well what got me into bodybuilding... I know that my dad bought a universal machine for my basement and I worked out on it a few days a week to try and get stronger for football and I totally got into it.

After taking a few supplements like whey protein and creatine and buying some freeweights, and then buying muscle magazines, I completely fell for bodybuilding. It became the only thing I ever wanted to do and the only thing that I was into. Im still that way. My girlfriend, :bigkiss: and bodybuilding, are my life. :D:D

I was 133lbs at about 15%...so I decided I wanted to get rid of my little gut. So, like an idiot I began eating barely anything and trained chest and biceps and got down to a sickly 115lbs while still having a gut. Then I found musclemag.com (which sucks ass now) and started asking questions, reading everything everyone had to say (especially this good guy named lemon_parade, and now Paul Stagg who no longer posts there but does post on wannabebig), and then I found this Max-OT program which is what really got me into serious training. So I followed it for a while and started making gains and got up to about 130lbs or so over the course of 3 months. Then I started really reading and applying new ideas and focused my attention on all out bulking and ended up getting up to about 155lbs at about 15-16% before trying my first real cutting cycle. After this cutting cycle I ended up at 142lbs at 10% bodyfat. then I decided I was going to bulk again and over the course of 5 months or so I got up to 180lbs at again 15-16%. So, now I'm about 4 weeks into my cutting cycle sitting at 173lbs at 11% bodyfat and getting ready to bulk up past 200lbs. This whole ordeal took about a year and a half, and I have been training a total of 2 years applying different things but staying pretty basic because basic works. Only recently as in the last 3 months have I gotten interested in the more "scientific" aspects of exercise and I have written numerous articles on the subject (really as to help me learn it) and I am currently working on a book which will be entitled something like "Application of science to exercise"...although that title is not yet 100% chosen. I plan on doing a lot more in the future but I don't like to say what I would have done, or could have done, or will do because who knows what will happen...perhaps I end up being a nobody, perhaps I end up being the next Mel Siff, only time will tell and I try not to expect anything...just go day by day.

There's my story, ya bitches (had to add that in to live up to my asshole image).

i was chubby and was getting little pussy. i took up weight training. Once I got past the 40 reps / set shit, I got really ambitiious and tried to bench, squat, and dead way more than I could. The bench almost chocked me once and I was threatened to leave the gym.
I also took creatine without grape juice (just plenty of water), bought anything that read protein bar (the content ranged from 10g protein to 50g) etc.

Ah....how stupid was I then.
Everyone should go through that road though.
Its the path of learning.

I got in shape mainly to get my wife is shape. She was 100lbs when we got married and was a hottie. Then after 15 years of marriage she got fat. I mean up to 155lbs I could hardly get turned on(I don't like rolls). But I had gotten fatter too I was at 215 probably 30+% bodyfat.

I used to bitch at her to lose her weight and she always hit me right back with my fat ass body. So we made a deal with each other that we would try to look like we did when we first met. So I started lifting and I will never forget the first time I went to the gym I did curls(what else huh ;) ) and I used the 25lbs dumb bells and they were heavy but I didn't wanna look stupid with anything lighter ya know. But the next day I couldn't even bend my arms they were so sore. Pride can hurt.

Back to present day I am 185 pounds at 14% body fat and my wife is at 115lbs looking very hot. And I can say you do have better sex with better packaging. :D

I also pump weight to ittimidate an a few assholes that beat the crap out of me when I was in the 6th grade.

Top Bottom