Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What exercises pull shoulders back?

Adding in some rotator isolation movements helped me. Upright and semi-upright rows and face pulls are good too. You really have to focus on keeping your shoulders back when you aren't lifting too.

best off not doing weights to work on this. weight lifters will activate the big muscles to pull the weight. you want to neurologically activate the smaller muscles that are getting neglected w/less stimulation than they need to maintain a balanced posture. flexion dominates our lifestyles and we need more extension.

try this exercise ... stand against a wall, back flat against wall, arms at sides, palms up/supinated. keep back flat against wall while raising arms to overhead, while keeping elbows against wall. kinda like a jumping jack (upper body motion only), or snow angel action. do it a couple times week for three sets of 10 each time.

mkazzbmf said:
YES......except bring the top of your rep right under your chin....Its the one thing that made a big difference for me.

Kaz

I'm curious as to why you like bringing them to your chin. I used to do them this way but switched as it felt less awkward and seems to activate the back more. Now you've got me thinking there may be a reason to switch back.

fortunatesun said:
I'm curious as to why you like bringing them to your chin. I used to do them this way but switched as it felt less awkward and seems to activate the back more. Now you've got me thinking there may be a reason to switch back.

Under the chin throws more stress to my rear delts and upper/mid traps......I am geneticaly prone to shitty rear delts....I am a firm believer is stress for change.....I agree it feels a little awkward but I have grown used to it and feel the soreness the next day just where I want it. My arms are super long and that has something to do with it too......If I bring them so high up the pain in my rotator makes me nervous.

Kaz

I think you were referring to my post about needing to pull shoulders back, as mentioned by a physician if I continue the way im going my shoulders are going to be f**ked by the time im 22. Im working on pulling movements and am no longer doing shoulders or bench for a month to strengthen the posterior deltoid of my left shoulder as it has been giving me much grief for over a year.

Top Bottom