Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What do you do when a Thunder Storm

Pamela said:
Comes your way? :worried:

Do you shut down your computer?

unplug the puter, then I grab my electic guitar, my steeltoe work boots and go on the roof and jam while I'm leaning up agaist the tv antenna.

exactly, mine got hit thru the cable modem, i unhook my cable modem now, unless i Know its not gonna storm

I take my chances I guess and keep everything plugged in. For those with surge protectors, don`t they have warranties on those things? Some have $40,000 worth of electronic equipment coverage if it does`nt work. It may not cover lightning, not sure.

my parents have house insurance so I sit on here the whole time,if it gets hit meh insurance will buy me a new one

gonelifting said:
I take my chances I guess and keep everything plugged in. For those with surge protectors, don`t they have warranties on those things? Some have $40,000 worth of electronic equipment coverage if it does`nt work. It may not cover lightning, not sure.
it covers surges, and if u read the fine print, it does NOT cover direct lightening hits. The guy from the electric company told me that the ones they sell will stop lightening, but i dont know, i dont think much can stop lightening

No shit, who gets hit by lighting,? I lived in missouri for 14 years, some of the nastiest weather in the states, and my house has never taken a direct hit, nor have I ever shut my pc down during a storm. I’m 25 years old and I’ve never met or heard of anyone’s home taking a direct hit and blowing their pc.. "SURGE" protector or surge suppressors gaurd your pc from spikes…maybe I’m just lucky and they work for me i dont know

RADAR said:
I love people like you------ thats the reason i drive a vette, Next year i'm shopping for a Lambo! :)

SoKluless hit it on the head,nothing man made will stop a direct hit in access of millions of volts!
Its getting that time of year again, time to drink expensive wine & party!

Whoo Hoo! :laugh2:

RADAR

Last edited:
Top Bottom